~30~

The next morning, all I could think about was Colby. What he said, how he pulled the ribbon out of my hair, everything from the look in his eye to his laugh.

"Hm.. do you mind doing my eyeshadow?" Elena asked, taking me away from my thoughts. "Yeah, sure." I smiled at her.

I opened her Morphe palette and looked at my color choices. "Red?" She asked as she looked up at me from her seat. "Hm... red is good," I said as I bent down a little and started on the transition color. Thank god she already did her eyebrows, so I wouldn't have to. Eyebrows are hard.

She hummed along to a song I've never heard before, but I liked it. The music was so loud we didn't hear Colby open the door.

He was already dressed and ready even though we didn't leave for hours. Elena opened her eyes as I stepped back to get a look at my work. She looked over and saw Colby, then smiled. I looked over my shoulder to see it was him.

Elena paused the music and stood up to go talk to him. He put his hands in his pockets as she approached him. "Hey, I was coming to see how things were going in here..." he said as he looked between me and Elena.

"Great. Rose was just doing my makeup," she smiled at me. I looked over my shoulder as I put some of the makeup up. "I could've guessed. No one does makeup like Rose," he looked at me and smiled. I saw it in the mirror.

Elena looked towards him looking at me. "Uh oh, did I miss something?" She said with a smirk. "No?" I said as I turned around and leaned against the counter. Living with my father for seventeen years had made me the master at deception.

She nodded. "Sorry. So what's the plan, when are we leaving?" She asked as she turned to Colby. "Whenever everyone's ready. And it looks like you and Rose are ahead of everyone else," he said with a chuckle as he leaned against the door frame. I sat at the vanity and started on my own eyeshadow, taking myself out of their conversation.

Elena smiled. "Good. we did wake up early that way we would be on time," she smiled, "oh wait, Rose, you'll need my morphe brush. It's in the bathroom be right back," she said as she slid past Colby. He didn't even watch her leave. He looked right towards me.

"You haven't told her about last night, have you?" he asked quietly. "Course not," I said as I dipped the brush in the eyeshadow again. He looked at me for a second, just watching. "Good. That's our thing. And I hope you have more red ribbon for our next adventures-" he stopped when Elena came back in.

I smiled at her as she handed me the brush. "Thanks. Hey, I should finish your eyeliner." I say as I look towards her. "I'll leave you be, then," Colby said as he smiled at us. Elena sat down and closed her eyes.

Colby winked at me before leaving. I got chills.