~34~

I say my bags down and flopped onto my bed. "Phew," I breathed as I closed my eyes.

A little voice in my head reminded me. I took my phone out and rolled onto my stomach. I opened me and Kai's messages. "I'm home. You busy right now?" I texted, deciding to be bold.

"Not at all :)." He texted back. "Want to meet me at the campus coffee shop?" I texted.

"Be there in ten." He texted, and went offline. I smiled and got up, glancing at myself in the mirror and composing myself.

"Elena! I'll be back in an hour!" I called as I went down stairs of our apartment complex and to my car parked down stairs.

I start the car and plugged in my phone. Winter's Wind played out of the speakers as I drove towards campus, towards Kai. I was beyond excited to see him. But something felt off.

I pulled up next to a car in the small parking lot of the Coffee shop, and looked in. I saw Kai already had a seat saved for me. He smiled at me when I entered the shop.

"Hey, beautiful," he said as he stood up and hugged me, but not quick or friendly, a tight intimate hug until he let go a few seconds later.

"Tell me all about Coachella," He said as he smiled. I looked at the coffee I had just ordered. "It was amazing. Really loud, a lot of drunk people... but when Mason Ramsay played I think that was the best part."

He laughed at that. "Wow. I would've loved to see Mason Ramsay," Kai laughed. "You know, Professor Finch has good news for you when you get back to class tomorrow."

I started to blush at his smirk. "Oh? What is it?" I asked as I smiled. "It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you already," he said. "The only reason he told me is because I auditioned too."

I thought back to any recent audition and I couldn't think of one. "Well at least now I have something to look forward to," I said with a smile.

"After this, want to come to my place to watch a movie?" He asked. I nodded. "Y-Yeah, a movie sounds great."

He smiled and stood up, holding out his hand. "Great. Let's go," he said with a smile. I felt my cheeks get hot as I took his hand and he helped me up.

"What movie were you thinking of?" He asked as we went to his car. "Something scary," I said as he opened the door and I got in.

He went around to the driver's side. "I know just the movie," he said with a smile. He drove a few minutes down the street and we pulled up to an apartment complex.

"Will your roommate mind?" I asked, looking over at him. He smirked. "Don't have one, so the apartment is all to ourselves."

I laughed a bit at that. "Good," I returned his smirk playfully. He got out and took my hand as we went into the apartment complex.

He smiled as we went in the elevator and he pressed the button to the top floor and we rode up.

We went down the hallway until we got to his door and he unlocked it, letting me in first. I smiled at him as I went in. "Make yourself at home," he said as he went to turn a light on. I set my bag down and sat on the sofa, and a second later he sat next to me, close enough that our legs touched. I felt my heartbeat start to pick up as he put his arm around me and pulled me in.

He picked up the remote. "alright... what movie?" He asked as he opened Netflix. I looked at the movies and pointed to one. "That one," it seemed cheesy but fun to watch. I lifted my legs up and leaned them on his. He placed his hand on my thigh.

He laughed, "Good choice."

It all seemed surreal, being here with him. I liked it, loved it even, him comforting me at every jumpscare, gently rubbing my thigh.

Half way through the movie he turned to me and whispered, "Rose."

I looked over at him, in his eyes. Our faces inches apart. He leaned down until his lips gently touched mine.

He leaned into me, putting his hand on my waist as he pulled me closer, kissing me a little harder.

My hand found its way to his cheek and rested there, rubbing it gently. He was so warm.

My phone began to ring and I pulled away instinctively and looked over. He did too, picking it up before I got the chance to see. 

He ended the call and tossed it to the side. "Who was it?" I asked as I looked at my phone then him.

"Just some guy named Colby, wanting to face time," he said as he went in to kiss me again.

Colby...

The movie continued to play as we kissed, and I slowly became more comfortable. Suddenly, he laid me down on the sofa and moved on top of me.

No reason to panic. I told myself.

He kissed me a bit harder, then his hand subtly slipped down to my ass, giving it a quick squeeze as he moved down to kissing my neck.

No reason to panic. I reminded myself again.

I put my hand against his chest. "Kai..." I whispered to him, pushing him a little so he might stop. "Yes?" He whispered as he kissed down my neck to my collar bone.

"I don't.. stop..." I said quietly. He didn't respond, he just continued to kiss me. I tried to get up but he pressed down harder onto me.

"Kai," I said a little more forcefully. His free hand slipped down to my jeans and started to unbutton them. I tried again to squirm away but his grip suddenly got more firm.

"Kai!" I said a louder. "Let go!"

"Shh.." He said softly as he started to leave a mark on my neck, "If you relax you might like it..."

But I didn't. I didn't want this at all. Why was he so strong?"

I managed to lift my knee up and I kneed him in his stomach. He sat back, startled. I sat up, my shirt half off from where he had groped me, my pants partly down.

Without any hesitation, I took my hand back and slapped him across his cheek as I stood up and took my back and my phone, which was on the floor.

He looked at me, shocked. "Rose!" He said as he stood up, holding his cheek. "What the hell, you bitch!"

I turned to him with a serious expression. "Don't ever speak to me like that, and don't ever speak to me again!" I yelled, slamming the door behind me.

I walked quickly down the hallway to the elevator and went inside, riding down. While I was in there though, I began to break down.

That was scary, I was more afraid than I have been in a while. I started to cry, holding my hand over my mouth. I exited the building and began to walk the few blocks back to my car.

As I was walking, I called the only person I knew would answer.

Colby.