~50~

Would you read another fan fiction written by me?

"We should go out tomorrow," Elena said, smiling at me. We were half way through season one of Riverdale now, some time in the early morning hours. I was so tired my brain wasn't even processing what Betty and Jughead said, but Elena had fallen asleep a long time ago.

She slept with her head on my shoulder, breathing in and out softly. I sighed. I know if I tried to stand up and she woke up, she wouldn't let me go back to my room. I wanted to go to my room, put on Colby's shirt and curl up in my bed and fall asleep, praying for no nightmares.

Once again, my mind drifted to Colby. It always does when I'm not busy, not trying to practice or drive or anything. Damn, I miss him already. And it would be a few weeks, maybe one or two? After seeing him almost everyday, that feels like a long time.

My phone rang. Speak of the devil. I never picked a phone up so fast. "Hello?" I asked quietly, as not to wake Elena. "Hey, gorgeous," Colby said. I could hear background noise, he must already be in the car.

"Hey, where are you?" I asked as I ran a hand through my hair and gently pushed Elena off, risking it all. She stayed asleep, falling onto the couch when I stood.

"My flight leaves in fifteen minutes. I just wanted to call you before I left," he said. I could tell by his voice he was tired. "Well make sure and get some sleep on the plane," I told him with a small chuckle, trying to lighten the mood.

It didn't seem to work. "Okay," was all he said. It's not like him to just say "okay" to whatever I say, so I was a little taken back by it. "Well... are you alright?" I ask as I started to sneak back to my room.

"Just tired, beautiful," he said and yawned. I sat down on my bed and held the phone to my ear and frowned before putting the phone on speaker and starting to undress.

"Well. Did you sleep at all?" I asked as I lifted my shirt off. "I could ask you the same thing, it's three a.m.," he said with a small tired chuckle. "No, I didn't. Elena wanted to watch Riverdale. And I have to spend tomorrow- err, today- practicing," I said as I started to slide my shorts off.

"I'm ready to see you again, Rose," he said. I smiled a bit at that. "Yep, I can't wait for my concert. You'll be there right?" I asked. If he doesn't come to my concert, I won't see him until the end of August.

"Told you I would, and I don't break my promises," he said with that charming voice that he knows gets me every time. "Well then I'm looking forward to it," I said. As I waited for his response, I heard a woman's voice in the background. "That's my cue, Rose. I have to go," he said, he actually sounded disappointed. Once he sleeps, I know he'll be back to his weird quirky self.

"Okay, well I'll answer your next call, promise," I said as I slipped the shirt he gave me on and got under the sheets of my bed. "I won't stop calling until you do answer," he said with a chuckle, but it seemed hurried. He must be getting his bag together, and Sam's probably listening. Or calling Katrina, I hope he's calling Katrina.

"Well don't call me during class," I chuckle as I rub my eye and lay on my side. "I promise I won't. Okay, Rose, I love yo- shit, it's a force of habit you know? I'm sorry, I'm tired," he said with a nervous chuckle. I laughed too. "I'm tired too. Goodnight, Colby," I said as I close my eyes, listening to his voice. "Goodnight, Rose. Bye," he said and hung up.

It got eerily quiet, but not a ghost quiet. A lonely quiet. I sighed and curled up in my bed and closed my eyes, recycling the Rachminoff solo over and over in my mind, whilst praying that I have no nightmares tonight.

But of course, there always is.