~76~

I shook Colby's shoulder. It's almost noon now. "Colby, wake up. I want to go back to the hospital," I said softly. Even if he doesn't want to drive me, I can find my way, but I need to tell him where I'm going before I leave.

He did what he always did when I woke beside him, he stretched for a few seconds then yawned, then opened his eyes and smiled at me. "Good morning, gorgeous. What'd you ask?" He asked as he sat up next to me and rubbed his eyes. "I want to go back to the hospital," I said. "I want to check on Elena, then take her home if we can..." I say softly.

"Oh, alright. What time is it?" He asked as wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. He began to gently kiss my neck. I felt my impatience start to grow. Can't he just listen to me and take me to the hospital?

I put my hand against his chest and pushed a bit to stop him, and I saw something in his eyes I'd never seen in him before. Annoyance. He's annoyed with me. Colby and I have never shared a negative emotion, not once. Besides when I was sad, but it was never because of him or vice versa. So seeing him almost scoff at me as I pushed him away caught me off guard. I don't know what hurts him romantically or anything.

He doesn't know that for me either. There's so much we don't know about each other. So he doesn't love you. He can't love you, he doesn't know anything about you.

Is our...- his love for me just on surface value?

My heart wrenched a little in my chest. "What?" He asked, that same annoyance in his voice, and he didn't see that it hurt when he spoke to me like that.

Maybe it didn't hurt what he said, but me coming to the realization or relationship is only skin deep.

I huffed as he went to grab his shirt and put it on. "I don't want to kiss right now okay? I want to get to the hospital and check on Elena."

"I know," he grumbled as he moved passed me and stood up, starting to put some jeans on so he could take me. I don't have my car, Elena did. Oh no. Elena did.

"Why are you in such a bad mood?"

"Why are you always at her beckon call? You're my girlfriend, Rose, don't I get any time with you?" He asked as he turned towards me, buttoning his jeans.

"I spend all my time with you!" I say, it coming off more harshly than I wanted. "Bullshit, Rose. You're always worried about her. We- us- were supposed to have a good night together, you and I, but you were so worried about her you couldn't put your phone down!" He said, throwing his hand at me and holding it out but not to help me up.

"I had every right to be worried!" I said as I stood up and faced him. "I'm not saying you didn't, but what am I to you? Am I just some guy you're with who's less important than your phone? I don't date people, ever, Rose! Does that mean anything to you?"

The words slipped out of my mouth, "I don't care about your dating preferences." I crossed my arms.

His face changed then went back to a neutral expression. "Yeah you do," He said as he stepped closer to me, "don't even pretend you don't. You're worried about her but you're also worried about me crawling into bed with her, aren't you? I can see it every time you see her and I in the same room."

I scoffed but he continued. "Do you trust me or do you think all relationships are based off of sex?"

"That's not what this is about, Colby!" I said as I turned away from him so he wouldn't see my expression. "I don't care, you need to hear it. I don't want Elena or her body, Rose," he said slowly and softly. He touched my shoulder as he stepped towards me. "I want you. I want your mind," he said softly as he leaned down and kissed my cheek. "Let's get this straight then. I want you and only you, and it will only ever be you. But you're too worried about her. When this is all said and done, no phones, just you and I, okay?" He asked as he looked in my eyes. I could see that he cares. I'm stupid to think he doesn't.

"Fine," I said. I may not be mad at him but I still want to pout.

"Good," He said and kissed me before going back to changing clothes. "We can film a video together today, after we get Elena settled? Maybe with Elena if she wants," he said. It's weird how he just went back to how we normally are.

"Yeah," I said nonchalantly as I found some clothes I had left at his house, but ultimately opted for a pair of jeans, a tank top, and his hoodie. Since it's just the hospital.

We both knew she would want to do a video with Colby Brock.

He drove us to the hospital and opened my door for me. He took my hand, kissed it, and we went inside.

"Can we visit Elena Ramirez?" I asked the woman at the counter. She made a quick call and sent us in.

We walked to her room, and Colby took the door and opened for us, just as she turned to look at us. "Thank god," she said with a smile.

I hugged her and smiled. "Hey, you're alright," I said. "I was hoping someone would come find me. My phone is destroyed. My parents live in Arizona, and I didn't have your number memorized, But I did have Hayden's. I tried calling him to see if he could get a hold of you, did he?" 

"No. I hurt my hand last night and we were here when you came in," Colby said. He seemed resentful, just sitting down in a seat far from the bed when I pulled one up next to Elena.

"Oh," she said. She looked at him for a minute then looked away, back at me. We started to make small talk about the party, until I said, "I'm going to go see what the doctor wants us to do." After all, she only had some cuts and bruises, but she had passed out, and she had needed stitches for a cut in her collarbone.

I walked away, leaving the two of them alone, and after I talked to the doctor, I returned. Just as I was about to open the door, I heard them talking.

"-Straight. Rose is my girlfriend. I love her. So whatever you thought we had is nothing now. All I care about is Rose and our relationship. So after this, no more voicemails. No more calls. No more texts. She won't say it, but you're hurting her. You're hurting Rose a lot, Elena."