~68~

New posting schedule: Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday. This goes around my schedule, since I usually have late nights now. I mean seriously, on Tuesdays I'm at the school well after 9pm! That's why I couldn't post on Wednesday. Thank you guys for bearing with me, I love you! And I know it's technically July in the story... but his tour is over IRL so it's over here. I was slow, I know.

"Hello," a voice behind me said. I looked around for a moment before finding that the greeting had come from below me. There stood a short guy, really short, but I recognized him from his trashy vine days. He looks worse now.

"Hi?" I asked with a slight chuckle. "What are you doing, standing here alone with this perve?" He said and pointed to Brennen. Brennen made a cutting motion over his neck. "I wouldn't mess with this one," Brennen chuckled and nodded to me. "What, she doesn't look like the easy kin-"

"Rose," I heard Colby's voice said. Nick laughed and pushed his hair back. "This is Rose! Nice to meet you," he said as he shook my hand. A turn from what I had just experienced with him. "You want to go? I'm a little hungry," Colby said as he put his arm around me and pulled me to him. I nodded. "Sure."

We had been here for a few hours and it was getting late. Every now and then Colby would leave me with one of his friends or Elena to go see someone, or he's offer me to come with him.

Elena stood next to me and smiled. "Are you coming home anytime soon?" She asked. I decided to speak honestly and I shrugged a bit as I looked at Colby. He smiled at me and I said, "I'll probably stay the night with him," I said. Elena smiled and took a sip of her drink, she'd already had a few. "Sounds good," she said with a smile. "Have fun. But not too much fun," she winked at me playfully. I rolled my eyes and Colby took my hand. "Ready? It's too loud and I'm pretty tired," he said over the music.

I nodded and let him lead me out to his car. He stretched and stood next to the passenger door. "It feels good to be back," he said as I started to open the door. "In LA?" I asked as I opened it about half way, but then he closed it again. "With you," He said as he placed his hand on my waist and pulled me to him. I giggled and looked away as he stared down at me. "I missed you." He said as he kissed my cheek softly and started to kiss down my neck.

"I missed you too," I said as I placed my hands on his arms. He smiled and pulled me closer and kissed my lips hard. I felt an explosion of emotion move through my body. He leaned into me and I could feel his smile against my lips. "I don't like parties as much as I used to since we started dating," he said. "Well, I thought with all your vaping you were quite the partier."

"Well I was, but they're not as fun. I'd rather be somewhere with you, alone, preferably. Or at least somewhere quiet. So that's why I asked you if you wanted to leave, I wanted to be with you," he said as he pulled me into a hug. "Well... are you thinking what I'm thinking?" I asked as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He smiled. "Let's go get something to eat then head to the beach. Actually, there's this diner on the beach I know of, another one of my secret spots."

"Okay."

I know he and I are cheesy. We kiss and we hug and we act like we're right out of some romance book or fan fiction on those stupid websites... but I'm happy. I think he is too.

He smiled and took my hand. "Come on, gorgeous. Let's go."

But Colby did seem off. He's never kept anything from me, so I think I know when he isn't keeping a secret. Colby's always been touchy, but he never kissed me as much as he did tonight. Maybe he's just glad to see me.

"Tell me more about the tour. How was the last one? You had to rush home didn't you?" I asked. "Yep, but I wanted to see your concert. I've seen you play but I've never seen you... like that. You're so out of my league," he said as he smiled at me and placed his hand on my thigh. "Am not. I'm not totally famous with hundreds of thousands of girls wanting to get with me."

"Yeah... but I'm "famous" for stupid stuff. When you make it to the big leagues it'll be because you're an amazing pianist. And you're gorgeous. Just- God, Rose. You blow me away."

I rolled my eyes sarcastically and turned away. "Shut up," I muttered with a chuckle. "No. I will not shut up, I'm your boyfriend. I'm supposed to tell you and everyone else how flat out extraordinary you are."

I didn't say anything to that but I smiled at him just as we pulled up to the diner. He looked over at me and smiled as he placed his hand on my cheek and pulled me close enough to kiss me as he did earlier. He and I didn't kiss like this much in public, usually in his room or Cavenaugh. I've always been to nervous to kiss him, so he always has to kiss me. I'll have to grow out of it.

He kissed me for what felt like a long time before pulling away. "Alright, beautiful. I'm hungry, lets go."

We got out of the car and went inside. "Is that Colby?" Someone called. A man behind the kitchen counter waved. "How are you, son? Where you been?" He asked. He came towards Colby and gave him that man-hug. "Tour, remember? I told you about that," Colby chuckled. The man turned towards me. "Who are you?" He asked with a smirk. "He hasn't brought a pretty girl around here. Hasn't brought a girl at all," he chuckled.

"I'm Rose. His girlfriend," I said as I shook his hand. Afterwards Colby smiled and wrapped his arm around me.

"Well then. Take a seat and I'll have you something right out," he said after we ordered. "How do you go so many places?" I asked Colby. "Does Sam know about this place?"

"Nope. Me and now you are the only people who know I come here. Another one of my secret spots," he said as we sat down. His leg started to bounce.

"Rose, you know that I... you're so important to me. And I haven't felt this way about anyone before... but I need to tell you something."

My heart sank into my stomach.

"So... Elena called me the other night..."