~12~

I'm gone for a little over a week and I got four hundred more reads?? That's faster than my first fan fiction go-round! Thank you!

Out here, next to the asylum, it was more than just chilly. In fact, it was quite cold. Now I regretted not wearing a long sleeve shirt under my hoodie. Colby got out a little before the rest of us, and he was looking back at me when I got out.

He gave me a soft smile as he turned towards Elton. "Not as scary as I expected it to be," Colby said. "I know. I thought it would be all run down..." Elena said as she walked towards Elton.

I know what she's doing.

"Just wait until you get inside," Elton said with a smirk. Colby laughed nervously and glanced over at me, and I shrugged. "Are there already cult members in there?" Elena asked sarcastically. "Who knows?" Elton said with a sly, joking smirk.

Colby rolled his eyes. "Sure there is. This place probably isn't haunted at all."

"Don't you believe in ghosts?" I asked as we began walking towards the asylum. "I believe in ghosts, trust me," he said, laughing, "but I don't think any reside here."

"I think so," I said sarcastically. "We can just see, I brought my ouija board," Elton said. I glanced at Elena, whose blood was draining from her face. "Y-You did?" she asked, stuttering. "Of course. It's not a TFIL exploring video without a ouija board!" Colby did said as we walked towards the entrance.

There wasn't any clear way in, unfortunately.

"Damn..." Elton said as he looked away for somewhere to get in. I look up and see a window. "What about there?" I point to it. Colby put his hands on his hips. "That could work."

"None of us can fit in there," Elton laughed. Colby and Elton were both too muscular, and Elena had a curvy body. But, with my skinnier body frame, I could probably fit.

"Colby, lift me up. I could probably fit in and find a way to let you guys in," I said. Colby looked at me, a little surprised. "You sure? How will you get out?"

I scoff sarcastically. "The same way I let you in, duh," I start to walk towards the small window. "If you say so."

I drop my bag through the window first and then use Colby's hands as a step. I pull myself up and through the window, then lightly dropping down on the other side.

"Rose? Did you make it?" Elena called to me from the other side of the brick wall. It was generally dim in this room, but there was a small tunnel of light coming from the window I had gone through.

I took out my flashlight and flicked it on, shining it along the walls of the room. "Yeah, I made it," I called back to her. "We'll let's hurry and try to find a way for us to get in," Colby said, "I don't like the idea of you being in there alone."

I rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see me. "Sure thing," I said as I walked out of the room.

Ironically, once you get past the creep part, the asylum is kind of peaceful. The cinderblock walls were worn and dirty, but it should be that way. Nothing was unusual, just aged.

But there was a heavy feeling in the air.

Do I believe in ghosts? Yes and no. I've never seen a ghost myself, but I've heard a few convincing stories. Yeah, I've played the ouija board, but that can be fake too. I'll believe in ghosts when I see a ghost. And I'm getting closer with every bando I explore, I'm sure.

I could hear Elena's voice somewhere far away, and I knew I wasn't headed in the right direction. But I had a good feeling about where I was going, so I trusted my gut and continued on.

I found a door, an ominous one, but under neath the door was a line of light. I smiled at my instincts, glad that I had trust myself enough to actually be right about where to go. This asylum was kind of big, so I could've gotten lost if I hadn't listened to my voice.

I pushed the door open and the light temporarily blinded me. And the door was heavy, almost too heavy for my small stature. "Elena! Colby!" I called as I put my hand above my eyes to shield my eyes from the sun. To my luck, they weren't very far and were in front of me within thirty seconds.

"Good job, Rose," Elena said as she came in, "I thought maybe a ghost or something got you."

I stood like a statue trying to keep the door open until Colby came in and put his hand against it. The door must have been at least twenty pounds, and the hinges were designed to keep the door closed. He held it open with ease, but his height probably helped with that.

I moved out under his arm and stood next to Elena as Elton came in a few seconds after Elena and Colby came. "Look what I found," he said to me, showing me a baby doll that's seen a lot. It was very creepy, almost to the point that it looked like it was bought from halloween store- supposed to be creepy- but it wasn't.

It looked so real too, like one of those dolls you get from a catalog on an airplane.

"What are we going to do with that?" I asked.

"Well, when I get home Colby and I, and anyone else who wants to play...," he said, making it clear he wanted me to stick around for whatever was, "One man hide and seek." Then he paused.

"Or two man hide and seek. Maybe three," he winked.