~15~

I pray to god that Elton saved the SD card.

Elena must be freaking out. I know she's freaking out. God, I should be too. I could lose my scholarships over this...

"You know this is trespassing right?" The police officer, Officer Hadley, asked. I sighed and nodded. "No sir... I didn't see any signs or anything to indicate that what I was doing was wrong."

He sighs. "So is there anyone here with you or is it just you?"

They hadn't found the guys and Elena yet. Without thinking I said, "No. It was just me. I came here to take some pictures. That's all."

Officer Hadley sighed. "Right. Well, you seem like a trustworthy kid... and the kind to trespass to take pictures... so we'll just let you off with a warning. But we're going to have to take you back to the station."

I sighed. Of course!

I nodded. "Alright, Thank you, sir."

What a night it had been. I communicated with angry ghosts, was pretty much arrested, and on top of that my best friend lied about her relationship. The one way I know that she's not really broken up with him? If she was, she'd still be crying her eyes out. She loves Hayden, and I know it.

It's unfortunate. If she keeps pulling this stuff behind his back, then they'll definitely break up, for real. No breaks, there are no more left. And I'll be left to pick up the pieces.

The ElenaExplores channel is to almost a hundred thousand subscribers. Now she's pretty much and official youtuber. If that's what she wants, and she wants to continue YouTube, she'll have to figure out what's really important. Because right now, her fan base is growing because of TFIL and the guys. She'll have to decide what's more important- YouTube, or Hayden?

And I honestly have no idea which one she'll pick.

The ride to the police station was long and excruciating. Maybe it was shame, and I'm sure some of it was, but most of it was anxiety because I lied to an officer. If they catch Elena, Colby, and Elton, I'll definitely get in a lot more trouble. And Officer Hadley has been pretty nice to me so far.

I tapped my legs to Winter Wind, just to keep my mind off of it. Once I finished Winter Wind, I started on Danse Macabre, my heart beating so fast I thought I might pass out.

If I lose my scholarships over this... I don't know what I'll do.

I need those scholarships to get through college with reasonable student loan debt afterwards. I can't afford to lose them. I have no help from my parents, because my mother is dead and my father was abusive. Very abusive. No one wants a shy, "anorexic", musician. You have to push through it and find a way to make you happen.

What I really want is to get away from here to. Maybe move to New York, become a pianist on Broadway. I think I'd like that.

"You don't seem like a bad kid," Officer Hadley said from the driver's seat. "Are you in college?" he asked.

"Yeah..." I said quietly. He smiled reassuringly. "What's your major?"

"Classical piano."

He nodded. "Yeah. I think I recognize you. My daughter is Emily, aren't you her accompanist?"

I couldn't believe my luck. I wasn't Emily's full time accompanist, but I've done it once or twice before. "Yeah, I know her."

He smiled. "Yep, you aren't bad. This is just protocol. You're going to get a ticket though, a pretty hefty one."

I sighed. Even better. I hope the other didn't get caught.

We finally got to the police station, and he took me by my arm and put me in to one of those waiting cells. I wanted my phone, I wanted to call Elena and just cry in to the phone, because that's what I felt like doing.

I couldn't believe this. Here I was, almost eleven o'clock at night, and here I am, sitting in a jail cell, praying to god my friends care enough to come look for me.

My ticket came out to eight hundred dollars. Eight hundred dollars.

I didn't even hold back the tears when they told me. I can't afford that. I just can't. That's more than two weeks pay at my stupid job at the college.

Officer Hadley was no where to be found. These officers were mean and cold. "Stop crying, you shouldn't have trespassed if you didn't want the ticket," the man snapped. I flinched at his words as he yelled at me from the other side of the bar.

I wiped my tears away quickly. "You're right, I'm sorry, sir," I wasn't even going to try and defend myself.

He sighed. "Come on, you have your phone call."

I got up quickly and followed him, holding the ticket in my hand.

Two months ago I got a new phone suddenly but Elena didn't know. I knew I need her as a contact, so I just memorized her number before I exchanged. Thank god I did that.

I put her number in the phone and held it to my ear, tapping my foot nervously as I waited. On the third ring she picked up.

"Hello?"

"Elena!" I said. She was whispering. "Rose? Oh my god, Rose! Where are you?" she asked. "Downey police station," I growled, "look, they're letting me out with a ticket. Can you please come get me?" My voice was hoarse from crying.

"Oh my god, yeah! We'll be there in a few minutes," she said.

"Where are you?" I asked softly.

"We may or may not still be at the asylum..."

I breathed a sigh of relief at the fact that they hadn't been caught, but I was pissed they were still there. I didn't want to alert the police officer, so I just kept my mouth shut and said nothing more. "Thank you so much, Elena. Please hurry."

The officer brought me back to my cell, where there was now another person. He was wearing a windbreaker jacket of the college I went to, and some goofy hat that I recognized. When he looked up at me, I was taken aback.

Hayden.

Of course.