~79~

He came towards me and used his free arm to pull me closer by my waist and kissed me.

He smiled and handed me the irises. "I figured Roses were a bit cliche," he said with smile. He seemed different now. More calm, more sure of himself. More of the Colby I love.

He looked at the score in my hand and nodded to it. "What's that?" He asked. I smiled wide and lifted up the score, holding it so it covered everything but my eyes.

"Phantom of the Opera?" He smiled. I nodded and grinned as I turned it around and looked at it. "I have three weeks. And it's a hard piece because I've never played an organ before," I said. Colby pushed my hair back, hugged me again. "Guess we'll have to watch Phantom of the Opera tonight," he said, "assuming you're staying over that is."

"I have a feeling I'll pretty much be a permanent resident of the mansion for a little while. Until things cool down with Elena," I said as he messed with my hair for a moment, then kissed my cheek and opened the passenger's side door and let me get in. I placed the bouquet in my lap and my score in my bag, then looked over at him.

"Let's film a video tonight. A good one. I want it to be about us," he said. "What do you mean?" I ask with a chuckle. "I want to vlog our date. It starts now. Let's go home and change," he said with a nod, "If you want to go out with me tonight, that is."

"Do I get any details on this date?" I asked. He shook his head. "It's a surprise. Though I did promise chick-Fil-a and I will come through... but I have something else planned for tonight," he smirked at me. "I'll go. How formal are we for this event?" I asked, "It's not the California Symphony like our first date-date, right? Though that wouldn't be bad."

"I couldn't get my hands on tickets for a show tonight, but I had to make sure that we went on a date tonight. I don't want to break promises anymore. From now on I'm going to tell you the truth about everything. Everything," he said. "I broke things off with her because I wanted to go after you."

"I get it, Colby. Don't remind me that my best and only friend is an asshole," I said as I looked down at the dozen of irises in my lap. "Hey, don't talk like that. She's not your best friend and she's not your only friend. She is an asshole though," he said with a chuckle. "You got me. And the guys and their girlfriends. Did you know Aaron got a girlfriend? I met her the other day. She'll probably be over when we get home," he said, blabbering and getting off topic. It's so cute when he does that, he stares forward at the road and talks with his hands.

"Hey, Colby?" I asked. He stopped talking and looked over at me. "Yeah?" He asked, "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said and pushed my hair back, offering him a tiny smile, the corners of my lips turning up slightly. "I love you."

The way his entire face changed because of his emotion was enough to make anyone's heart flutter. He smiled with teeth, and it was like his eyes smiled as well. They seemed brighter as well. He leaned over and kissed my cheek and started to move towards my lips before there was a honk behind us, the light had turned green.

"I got it, I got it," he said to the honker which a chuckle. He reached over and tested his hand on my thigh. "I love you too, Rose. A lot. I didn't think girls like you existed."

This is like a fairy tale.

I looked over at Colby, in his button down white shirt and jeans. He tried and that was cute, but I can tell by the way the buttons are crooked that he was hurrying. I wonder why?

He took me to my apartment, Elena was still in her room doing her own thing. I walked into my bedroom just as Colby, quietly said, "Pack an extra bag of clothes so you can have some to keep in my room," he said as he sat on my bed and watched me.  I opened my closet and searched for something to wear.

"What can I do to help?" He asked. "I have a makeup bag in the drawer of the vanity, just put everything in there that will fit. And... pack the Morphe eye shadow pallet," I said and he nodded.

"This bronzer is too tan for you," he said, and I turned around to see him searching for another one. It's Elena's. "How do you even know what bronzer is?" I teased.

"I was talking to a girl that wore way too much makeup. I mean... she can do whatever she wants, but it wasn't necessarily good," he chuckles as he zipped up the bag and placed it on the bed next to him.

"Turn around," I said, picking out a white dress that would match his shirt. It's a simple off the shoulder white dress, but I always liked the way it fit my figure.

"Turn around," I said. "Come on, Rose, we've been dating for almost five months. I can't look?" He asked. "No amount of time determines my consent," I said with a chuckle. He shrugged and turned around, closing his eyes. I quickly changed into the dress.

Colby smiled. "You're so beautiful," he said and took my hand and took my packed back in his other hand. "Thank you," I said before he lead me downstairs to his car.

He took me back to his mansion, through the crazy traffic. He pulled up to the house and grinned as he got out, leaving my back in his car. I took the Irises with me so we could put them in water.

When we walked in, he immediately led me to the kitchen, where there was good laid out. "What's-" I started, but then everyone started to say, "Colby! Rose!" I looked over to the dining room and saw everyone, Corey, Devyn, Jake and his girlfriend, Aaron and his, everyone. I smiled wide. They had saved two seats for us.

That night, we all laughed together. It was recorded on about every camera in the house, just us having a great time. I forgot what this felt like. I never knew what it felt like to have a good Thanksgiving.

But here I was, with all these wonderful people who care about me. And a realization hit me as I took a sip of water.

This is all I've ever wanted.