~45~

Upon receiving yet another editing offer, I want to make it known that I do appreciate the kindness! But, I do pride myself on my story being "homemade", if you will, and by that I mean that the story is written solely by me with no additional help on anything, from format to plot. Thanks for the offer, but I will not now nor will I ever accept editing requests. Also, my messaging system on wattpad is messed up, so I can't respond to any! Though I thank you guys for the sweet words of support.

"We should go explore something," Colby said as he held my hand and brought me to his room. I was cold, still in my bathing suit. And I didn't tan at all, just got a few sunburns.

"Like what?" I asked as I put my bag down in his chair. "I don't know. Or we can go eat out or something. Or both, both sounds good. And maybe we can go with someone? Brennen maybe? I can see if he's free," he looked over at me and I guess he saw the bit of panic in my face.

"Or maybe it could just be us two. I'm okay with that," he said as he took my hand and pulled me towards him, then putting his hands on my waist.

"No. It's fine," I said as I chuckled. He smiled at me and pulled me into a tight hug. "And our date-date is next Saturday, right?" He asked as he kissed my cheek and my neck gently. I smiled and nodded, "Next Saturday."

"You're going to love it," he said as he pulled me to him and kissed me. Never gets old.

I stood on my toes to reach him better and shifted my weight from foot to foot so I swayed a bit, and he pulled away and smirked as he bent down a little and took me by my thighs and lifted me up, my arms still around his neck and I giggled a bit before he kissed me again and took me to his bed, laying me back.

He smiled at me and put his hands on the small of my back, picking it up a bit so my back arches and my body presses against his. He started to kiss my neck.

This was similar to when I went to see Kai. He had done almost exactly what Colby is doing now, so why do I like it when Colby does this...?

Maybe it's because I like Colby. And he likes me. When Kai did this, he was forceful and eager, but with Colby... it's with care. His hand on my back is light and gentle, and his kisses on my neck and cheek are tiny and sweet. Not trying to turn me on, just there. To show his affection.

"What are you doing, Colby?" I whispered, laughing softly.

"Loving you," he replied, whispering in my ear.

Chills ran down my spine, and I smiled. His words, his feelings, all felt real for once.

There was a knocking at the door and he immediately got off of me and looked up to see what it was.

"I bet it's Sam or Aaron or someone," he said, dusting himself off as he stood up to answer the door. "Damn whoever it is," he said and laughed as he winked at me. I rolled my eyes and reached for my phone to see if Elena had texted me.

He opened the door, but no one was there. He paused for a second as a weird feeling settled over us.

He looked around outside of his room and called, "Sam? Jake?" But no one answered. "Colby?" I asked as I sat up. He laughed, nervously. "I'm going to call Brennen. Change clothes, I don't want to stay here," he said as he shut the door and locked it.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I looked over at him. "You heard that, right? I'm not just going crazy?" I shook my head, looking up at him.

"Then I'll call Brennen," he said as he took his phone out, typed something, and put his phone to his ear and stepped out for me to change. I didn't want him to leave me alone, but I let him leave. I changed clothes quickly before grabbing my bag and going out to him. He was standing outside the door and when he saw me he held his arm out and let me come to him, wrapping it around me. "Yeah, I don't know. We can film a stupid video or something," he said. "Yep..... alright. And no, she won't mind."

He hung up. "I'll take you home if you want," he said. "What happened?" I asked as I crossed my arms. He sighed. "I helped Jake with a video. We opened this demon box and-"

"A demon box, Colby?" I asked as I looked up at him. "S-Sorry," he said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

I sighed. "Come on, lets go to Brennen's."

Brennen Taylor. I've never met him, I barely know who he is, the only reason I have the idea of who he is is because Elena pointed him out to me in a video once.

Colby drove us the twenty minute drive to Brennen's house. "We're probably going to do a Never have I ever video. You can sit behind the camera or you can be in it. He'd probably love it," he said as he chuckled. "I'll watch," I said, shrugging. He gave me a weird look, placing his hand on my thigh.

"Rose?" He said as he looked at me when we were at a red light. "Yeah?" I asked as I looked over. "What are you thinking about?" He asked as he started driving when the light turned green.

"Nothing much," I said, which was true. I was trying to ignore the knocking at the door, thinking about piano.

He gave me a weird look. "Alright. If you say so, beautiful."

We pulled up to Brennen's house and Colby took his backpack and put it on. "You sure you're alright?" He said, concerned as he took my hand. "I'm fine," I said and laughed softly. He knocked on the door and a small dog immediately came and jumped on his legs.

I cowered begins him a bit as Brennen approached. "Wassup, brother?" He asked as he did that weird excuse for a hug men do, then he looked at me.

"Well. This must be the famous Rose Colby's always talking about," he said and smirked at Colby as he went to shake my hand. "I'm Brennen Taylor."