~36~

Meeting Colby this summer :)
If ANY of you are going to Houston on August 26, let me know! I'll need friends! If you are, dm me on instagram @_deodee_ !

I sat crisscrossed in Colby's bed, in my shorts and one of his t shirts, since my top was wet from the rain. I liked his shirt, it was warm, and big, and it smelled like his cologne, which was comforting.

My hair was pulled back, makeup rubbed off, but I had forgot about that. Colby was telling me a story from Kansas, as I listened intently, eating a large French Fry from McDonalds.

I was glad Colby and I were friends.

Thunder crashed outside and I jumped. Colby laughed a bit and looked towards the window. "I didn't even know it was raining," he said as he went to close the curtains.

"You afraid of thunder?" he asked as he sat next to me. "No... just loud noises," I said, which is very true.

He laughed at that and watched me for a few seconds. "God, you are so beautiful," he said as he looked at me, smiling.

I definitely didn't feel that way.

"No Im not," I laugh softly, talking without thinking. He shook his head. "Yeah you are. You really are," he said sincerely.

I looked away, embarrassed. Was I blushing?

"Finish your story," I told him. "You were at the part where Sam found "your mom" on the wall," I told him as I tossed the empty box of French fries to the trash pile and turned to him for him to finish the story.

"You're distracting," he said.

"Distracting?" I laughed softly. He nodded. "It's hard to stay focused when you're around and you know that," he said.

"I have not once seen you distracted," I said as I laughed softly. He smirked. "Maybe you're right, but when you're around I can barely look away, let alone do something. And when you're gone all I can think about is you."

I wasn't sure how to react to that, but I knew for sure I was blushing now.

He slid closer to me. He put one arm around me and pulled me closer. "I'm furious with the guy that touched you," he whispered in my ear, "I'm going to be the ever-loving shit out of him."

I still didn't say anything.

"No one should ever treat you like that. No one will ever treat you like that, ever again. If one man puts his hand on you, I don't know if I could keep myself from seriously hurting him."

I looked down as he looked at me. "If anyone does something to you, he's as good as dead."

I was still quiet. He let go of me and sighed, standing up. He went over to his desk and turned on his phone.

He turned to me as a song began to play. He held his hand out to me. "Dance with me," he commanded. I looked up at him from where I sat on his bed.

"Colby, I don't-"

"I'll teach you."

"Why?"

"Because if you won't talk to me, I'll find another way to get your attention," he said as he gestured for me to take his hand.

"Colby..."

"Who's watching? It's just me, Rose," he said as he reached down and took my hand. "I'm not going to laugh at you, or make fun of you, or hurt you. If you haven't noticed, I think you're absolutely perfect."

I nodded and let him pull me up.

He smiled. "There we go," he said as put one hand on my waist and pulled me closer, taking my other hand and holding it next to us. "Just follow my lead and you'll get the hang of it," he told me quietly.

"Are you staying the night?" he asked me. I nodded a bit.

He smiled. "Good. I promise I won't try anything like that bastard," he said. I know he wouldn't.

The climax of the song came and he smirked as he took me and spun me around, then pulled me closer. "That outfit looks good on you," he complimented, referring to his shirt I had borrowed.

I laughed a bit. "Yeah, it's from the newest designers," I say as I laugh a bit. It was just black, with "take chances" on the front and "now or never" on the back. Not to mention it was way big for me, the collar so stretched out you could see my collar bone on one side.

He smiled. "I'll always live by those principles," he told me, looking down at me as the hand on my back became more firm in holding my close.

"What, taking chances?" I laughed a bit as I looked up at him. He nodded. "Its been my motto since the beginning on vine," he said with a proud smile.

"It's a pretty inspiring motto for all the teen girls who watch your videos," I said teasingly. He nodded and laughed a bit. "Yeah, you're right, but some older people watch me. And I say people meaning boys too."

"Older people?" I laugh softly.

"Like you and Elena," he said as he laughed a bit.

"So I'm old," I say as I look away, towards the space between the curtains where I could see outside.

"No," he laughed, "but I will continue to live by that motto with everything I do."

"Like what?" I asked as I looked back at him. He paused. "Maybe... when I finally man up and try and kiss you."

I felt myself freeze as I looked up at him.

He smiled. "But I guess you'll never know what happens unless you take the chance," he said as he slid his hand from my waist to my cheek, caressing it as he started to lean down.

I pulled away immediately.

"Colby I-... after to-tonight, with Kai... and... that I just... I-"

He laughed a bit, and his hand came back to my side. "Don't worry about it. I should've known better than to try right now. I'm so selfish," he said as he smiled softly at me.

I looked away, blushing, again.

The song ended, and he let go of me, stretching and yawning. "Sorry, all that stress of you crying made me tired. You ready for bed?" He asked as he flopped onto his bed.

I nod and sat next to him.

He closed his eyes as he pat the bed next to him and made room for me. I laid next to him, on my back, his phone on the other side of him.

He took the bottom of his shirt and slipped it off, tossing it to the ground as he laid one hand behind his head as he pulled the sheets over us. His bed was comfortable.

He fell asleep quickly, but I couldn't sleep. His phone brightness was all the way up, so when it dinged, it lit up the corner of the room. He was asleep and curiosity got the best of me, so I reached over and took his phone.

It was from Sam:

"Well I've never seen you care this much about a girl. Don't hurt the guy too bad."