~31~

My excuse... and it's almost summer, boys, I'll post on time then. Then again I might not because I'm about two weeks I'm going to New York City, then a week after that I'm going to Austin for a music camp for six days... so June will be packed full, but I'll keep you guys updated!

We walked through the gates and I looked around. So many people.

I tugged down my shorts as Elena grabbed my hand. "Come on or they'll leave us!" She said as she took my hand and pulled me towards our crowd.

My heart was beating so fast I could barely breathe. And for once it wasn't because of Colby or performing or Kai, or anything like that. I was getting nervous because of the sheer number of people.

And the reek of alcohol.

I would be lying if I said the smell didn't bring back painful memories, because it does. The smell puts pure panic in my mind, and I guess a part of me knew I would be facing it if I came.

But I risked a lot of disappointment from everyone, which was something I also got a lot of from my father, but it's not as bad when it's from my peers. It became something I got used to, when unlike alcohol, it doesn't come with a variety of outcomes.

We caught up to our group, where everyone was gathering for a group picture. I stood to the side and waited for direction, but it didn't look like it would be coming anytime soon. Elena went off to Jake and Colby, but too quickly for me to know where she went.

Colby motioned me over. "Come be friends," he said as he laughed. I didn't respond as I came over and Elena wrapped her arm around my neck and pulled me down a bit. I laughed, and as soon as I did the stranger snapped the picture.

Sam took his phone back and looked at it. "Perfect. That ones going on all platforms," he said as he smiled. I didn't even bother to look at it. I knew if I did, I wouldn't like it but I wouldn't be brave enough to ask him not to post it. And then I'd beat myself up about my ugliness and my social incompetence.

"This way. We'll miss the first performer," he said as Elena stood next to Jake to tell him something and he laughed.

"She have a crush on him or something?" he asked a bit quieter as he looked down at me. I shrug.

I've noticed Hayden's name in her phone more than once since the incident at the jail. I feel bad for him, he and I were at least acquaintances, and I know how much he was in love with her, and it's starting to look like she's moving on while he's still caught up on her.

None of my business, I guess.

We went over to a stage. There weren't any seats, which was discouraging, and now that we have lost Elena, I clung to Colby. He must of noticed because he laughs. "Don't worry, I won't run off and leave you."

He looked around, "But we should really try and find them."

It was around three o'clock now. People had been drinking all morning, and you could smell it everywhere you went. I did a good job of keeping my cool, but I didn't know how long that would last.

"Let's go get something to drink," Colby said as he noticed a bar. "On me, since you're little," he laughed softly as he made his way towards it. I didn't have the guts to speak up.

"What do you like?" he asked as he handed me a menu. I started to get anxious at the fact that I could be watching out for a drunk Colby.

"I don't really like to drink," I said as I handed the menu back to him. He looked at me for a second, then shrugged. "Alright then, I won't either," he said as he put both of our menus on the table and started to walk away.

I was surprised. With Elena, anytime she convinced me to go out, I would tell her I didn't like to drink, and she would just assume me as the designated driver.

I followed him, suddenly feeling guilty. "You can drink, it's fine. I just don't like the way it taste or smells or-" he interrupted me.

"Rose, it's fine," he said as he laughed. "I have a good time with you no matter what, drunk or sober."

I looked at him for a second, trying to find something to say. He smiled and took my hand to lead me through a thick ground. "Let's go."