Chapter 5 part 6/13 - An old friend (RB)

A/N: I DON'T OWN THESE CHARACTERS AT ALL. ONLY A FEW MAIN OCS AND THE RESTS ARE JUST BACKGROUND CHARACTERS OR MINOR CHARACTERS. WARNING! - Swearing, Blood, Violence, Lewd Jokes, Deaths, Crossover Pairings, OCXCanon and Yaoi (Though, one of the three is very one-sided). Enjoy my fellow ninjas and kunoichis.

If you guys are enjoying this book, let me know in the comment section and have fun during a peaceful conversation, my fellow ninjas and kunoichis!

(Flashback)

"Mario!" A girl called out to a younger Mario, "You need to wake up! You do want to pass our assessment, right?"
"...Nah..." Mario responded.

The twelve/thirteen-years-old girl with light blonde, curly and shoulder-length hair, pale skin and green eyes with glasses. She wore a plain, long-sleeved, white shirt with golden rimming across the collar and sides, with black and gold cuffs, a loose light blue ribbon. The uniform also consists of a frilled black mini-skirt with a golden line crossing it horizontally; the skirt itself barely reaches her thighs and is held in place by a small golden buckle. Finishing her look, she wears a yellow coat with a hood, blue slippers and leggings.

Mario was much younger, possibly around the same age as the girl, so naturally, he doesn't have his moustache and signature cap. He wore a masculine version of the girl's uniform, where he wore a plain black trousers, doesn't have any white gloves and, instead of a yellow coat and a blue ribbon, he wears a black cape around his shoulders and a red ribbon.

The duo was in a huge library with a large number of bookshelves and a couple of tables that were taken by other students, where some was reading peacefully alone or studying together. Mario was laying his head on the table while the girl was glaring at him strictly.
"Trinity, why do we have to do this?" Mario asked her.
"Because I want you to do well," Trinity told him off, "I'm sure Luigi and your parents feel the same way."
"..." Mario stayed quiet.
"You always have a D or below, despite your target being a C!" Trinity said, "Look, the teachers, me and your family are really concern about you and your future, so please understand."
"...Ahhh..." Mario groaned, "Fine, only because you brought up my bro."
"Aww...thank you, Mario," Trinity thanked him as the two studied continued to study.

thank you, Mario," Trinity thanked him as the two studied continued to study

(Flashback end)

Mario calms down as he puts away his hands from his face and looks at the ground.
"...Trinity...why...why did that happen to you..." Mario quietly asked himself, "...No...I should move on...I'll think more about it later...the past isn't important at the moment."

So, Mario slowly gets up, wiped his tears and went back to the group, where he sees his adopted son yelling at his childhood best friend, while the rest are enjoying their time here, making him smile a bit.
("As long as the rest of my family and my other friends are okay, I should be okay...I hope. Trinity is okay up there and hopefully found some peace now knowing her daughter is in safe hands.") Mario thought to himself until he notices Sabrina and Baiken isn't there, which he asks his wife with a concerned look, "Hey Peach, where's our bambina and Baiken go?"
"She said she's going to some candy shop and Baiken wanted to go with her to make sure she's safe." Peach answered his question, which makes him sigh of relief.
"Good, I'm glad she's not on her own, then," Mario responded and sits next to Peach.

A/N - Yep, Mario and Trinity are very close friends in this universe to add a bit more depth to Mario's connection with Luna, which it will expands further into the next chapter and as you noticed, this Mario is a bit darker, sadder and more mature version of the Mario we know and love, and it's a damn good reason besides the fact he is much older in this story. I really hope you guys are enjoying this book so far and don't forget to leave a comment, my ninja clan. Kuno out!