Loose Tooth

Eight year old you grinned widely in the mirror. You took your tongue and pushed your loose tooth back and forth, giggling as you watched it hang onto your gum by just a thread. It had been loose for a while and you had done everything you could to stall its removal. But lately it started to hurt.

Your tongue's pushing began to get a little forceful and you soon found yourself whining. You frowned and took in the sight of the gap in your mouth as it bled slowly. And your eight year old mind made the decision that maybe it was time to lose the baby tooth.

You scooted off the stool and skipped to the sibling that was as gentle as could be when he pulled your teeth. He never made it hurt and he was always sure you were okay afterwards.

Having him in your sights, you tugged on Hoseok's shirt. "Can you pull my tooth?" you asked politely.

"Is it ready to come out, dongsaeng?" he questioned, bending down to his little sister's height.

You nodded and Hoseok told you to open your mouth. He inspected the loose tooth and hummed a little bit. He took the tooth between two fingers before he looked at you. "Are you ready?"

"Uh-huh," you responded.

"Okay, dongsaeng." He readied himself before starting the countdown that was so normal for you to hear when he pulled a tooth. "3... 2... 1." And you closed your eyes, feeling a draft of air hit the empty hole in your gum. You opened your eyes and looked at the tooth Hoseok held.

"Did that hurt?" he asked.

You shook your head. "Not one bit!"

Hoseok smiled. "Let me go wash this up so we can give it to the tooth fairy, okay?"

"Okay!"

---

Since I have no one for Valentine's day, I'm going to spend it with y'all! I'll be in school all day, but hey, maybe you guys will see some surprise...

Or maybe two surprises if I'm feeling good.