Uncool

Requested by AnneyongArmys. I love you.

---

You were the smartest student in your class. And its not just your pride saying that. Your transcript proved that it was true. It was obvious among your peers that you were the smartest. And because of that, they labeled you "uncool" since your main excuse to miss out on parties was that you had to study or had a lot of homework.

"Cool people don't do that," a girl snickered.

"No sense in inviting her to anything ever again," her friend added.

So you decided to take matters into your own hands. No, you didn't beat your bullies up or give them a taste of your own medicine. You decided to neglect your studies and focus more on hanging out with friends. As a result, your grades started to dip lower and lower.

Namjoon clicked through his laptop as he sat in the library at your college. Jin told him to check on your grades since midterm was right around the corner. And when Namjoon pulled up your grades for the quarter so far, he was instantly concerned. He packed up his bag and started on his way home, knowing you would probably arrive there right as he did.

And sure enough, he caught sight of your ponytail as you slipped through the front door and he hurried up to make it in before you locked the door behind you.

"Oh, hey, Namjoon," you smiled before going to put your lunch box in the kitchen. "What's up?"

"Not your grades," he murmured, not intending for you to hear him but you did.

"Huh? What do you mean?" you questioned.

"I looked at your grades today and you're really close to failing Biology," he stated. "What's going on? If you aren't understanding it, bring your books home and I can help you."

You sighed, wishing it was as simple as that. At least if you gave that excuse, you would be off the hook easier. However, your actual reason behind your failing grades would probably make him upset. But lying never helped cases, anyways. "It's just that people were saying I wasn't cool because all I did was study and take notes."

"Well being 'cool' isn't going to get you anywhere," Namjoon said.

You nodded slumping down on the couch. "I know, I know. But I just wanted to show that I could be fun and that not everything I do is study."

"Believe it or not, kid," Namjoon began as he sat on the couch next to you. "I went through the same thing freshman year."

"But you didn't fail," you muttered. "Did you?"

Namjoon chuckled. "Had a 58 in geometry."

You gasped. "You did not."

Namjoon nodded. "Jin can tell you how that went down."

"Did you bring it up?"

"Yeah, eventually, but you can't let people like that bring you down. As you grow older, you'll have to learn the art of managing your time. And this is a good example.

"You still have time to bring it up, but just ignore them. They just want you to get down on yourself and bring you down so they can step all over you. Don't give them that satisfaction."

"Hey, Namjoon."

"Yeah?"

"Did you hate yourself as much as I do right now?" you asked.

"Maybe even a little more," he grinned.

---

Do you guys like my covers? Should I try to up my cover game lol? I feel like they are slacky but I don't have any cool apps or anything to make them. I used Microsoft Paint haha. I can try to start making them look better if there's a way.

If you guys want to make one for me, I don't mind :) But it's whatever you guys like. I just wanted your input.