Language Festival

"If I throw up, can I call one of you to pick me up?" you asked as you sat in the back of the car with Yoongi.

"Of course, kiddo," Namjoon grinned.

"Why would you throw up?" Yoongi asked, looking over at you.

"Because you know how nervous I get when I have to speak in front of people, especially if it's in a different language!" you explained.

The Spanish 2 and up classes always took a trip to the annual Language Festival that Hoseok's college presented. The English and other foreign language classes would participate as well. Students within the classes would split up into groups and come up with a topic and project that had to deal with the language they were studying. You and two other friends would be presenting on the Mayan culture and you three would hopefully take home a prize.

"It's not so bad," Jin told you. "It's a lot of fun, actually."

Him and all your other siblings had done this thing before. You remember their groups coming over and building stuff out of clay or putting a PowerPoint presentation together.

"I'm going to mess up, though," you whined, not ready for this at all despite having memorized your lines forwards and backwards.

"That's why you're in a group," Namjoon said.

"Yeah," Yoongi agreed. "When I forgot my line, my group filled in the blanks for me."

"You'll do fine," Jin comforted. "You got all dressed up for this, so surely you have some sort of confidence in this or else you would've done what Yoongi did and wore pajamas."

"What I lack in confidence I make up for in beauty," you scoffed.

Namjoon snorted. "We know where she got her vanity."

"Just take a few deep breaths before you present to calm yourself down and act like you're talking to us or something," Yoongi suggested. "After all that's over, you'll have fun, I promise."

You nodded, hoping that your brothers would be right. "So if I do throw up-"

"Yes, we'll pick you up!" all three brother's said in unison.

You giggled. "Okay, okay."

---

Jin's, Namjoon's, and Yoongi's personalities are inspired after three of my favorite teachers who helped me when I had to do this. (I did not include the part where two of them serenaded me and recited Spanish poetry to me in the hallway before I left.)