Angel (Part Two: Maknae Line)

Taehyung sadly looked at the boy across from him. A bloody razor was in his fingers as he let his twin cry. And he cried, oh Jimin cried. Tears fell from his eyes like a flood. His body shook with his sobs and the cut on his wrist bled steadily. Taehyung was there to support to his twin when this sort of thing happened and his first step was to always let Jimin empty out his feelings until he couldn't. He didn't care if it took a while – he let his twin exhaust his tears until he was done and ready to talk.

"I'm sorry," Jimin sobbed, throwing his body back to rest against the cool wall of the bathroom. "I-I-I'm sorry, Taehyung. I know you, you want me to get better."

Taehyung shook his head. "It's alright, Jimin. There's nothing to apologize for."

"I'm so weak," Jimin cried. "You probably hate having to watch out for me."

"Jimin, it's okay," Taehyung soothed. "I don't hate you. I could never hate you. I just want to help you."

"I don't get why I can't pull myself together. All I can do is cry. I can't do anything without crying and acting like a stupid baby. I hate myself so much."

Taehyung stood, extending an arm to his brother. "How about we get you patched up and then we can go talk about this in our room? You want to do that?"

Before Jimin could answer, the world seem to stop. Taehyung's figure stopped moving and his hand remained extended, his fingers motionless as if they were suspended by a puppet's wire.

"Jimin, don't hate yourself," a voice said calmly.

Jimin looked around frantically. "W-W-Who's there?"

"Me," you responded, becoming visible to your brother's eye.

Jimin's breath stopped. Images of you lying in your hospital bed ran through his mind and he remembered how he didn't try to save you. He remembered how he was such a coward and didn't do anything. He just begged you not to go so quickly because he wasn't ready. He was selfish. You probably hated him for that. "(Y/N), please, I'm sorry. I-I-I never meant to be so hateful towards you."

"Hateful? How are you hateful?" you asked.

"I let you die," he explained through cries. "I wanted you to stay for the wrong reasons."

"I don't think of you as hateful," you said. "I still love you, Jimin."

"You can't," he choked. "You can't love me."

"But I do," you argued. "I want you to be happy again. I miss seeing you smile when you get up in the morning. I miss seeing you so excited for a new day. Just because I'm gone doesn't mean that everything falls apart."

Jimin could only cry as a response to your words.

"Can you please go back to being happy again? Can you go back to the Jimin that told every sibling good morning and good night?"

Jimin nodded. "I let you die, though, sis. I let you slip away. I didn't make an effort to save you."

"It was my time, Jimin," you told him. "You couldn't have stopped it. I didn't need to suffer any longer."

"So you're not upset that... that I let you go?" he asked, looking up at you with tears in his eyes.

"Of course not," you reassured. "I'm not angry, Jimin. I could never be angry with you."

"Can I have a hug, sis?"

You grinned and bent down, enveloping him in your arms. "I have to go now. But I'm never too far. I'm always watching out for you. Taehyung is worried about you so make sure he knows you appreciate his help."