Realization

Requested by bngtnlegendd. I hope you like it and thank you for requesting!

---

You threw open the front door and tossed your backpack to the ground. Your expectation was to just gain a few "what's up" from your siblings in response. Maybe just a glance or two. You didn't expect the second youngest of your family to envelope you in a hug and squeeze every bit of oxygen you had out of you.

"How was your day?" Jungkook asked, stepping back after a hug that lasted for a solid minute. Those rarely happened with him.

"Um, it was good," you responded, suspicious of his weird behavior. "How was yours?"

"It was great, actually," he replied. "Do you have any homework, sis?"

You nodded slowly. "Why?"

"Oh, I was just wondering," he answered. "In case you needed help or anything. What class?"

"Just geometry-"

"Oh! That stuff is so easy, but I guess it's hard for you, huh? Here," he grabbed your backpack as he continued babbling, "let's go to the study and I can explain the lesson better."And he took off through the living room and up the stairs. He didn't wait for you so you were left to shoot a confused expression towards Hoseok who sat on the couch under a blanket.

"Just go," he urged. "I'll explain later."

***

It was weird. The whole day after you came home from school, Jungkook did everything for you. From getting your plate for you at dinner, to making sure you went to bed satisfied with your day (that was Jin's job), and getting your uniform ready for tomorrow. You were confused. Had he broken something? Was he going to ask you for something? Was he leaving and he just wanted to spoil you while he was still here? And you obeyed Hoseok and let him explain everything before you said your good nights to everyone.

"One of his friend's sister died the other day," Hoseok started. "She was in a car accident and she apparently died on impact. She was your age. Do you remember about two days ago when Jungkook got all dressed up?" You nodded and he continued. "He was attending the funeral. And from what I heard from Taehyung, Jungkook is feeling regretful that he's not as close to you as he would like."

"What do you mean?" you asked. You felt pretty close to all your brothers, including Jungkook. You went to him when you were sad and you always stuck up for him when your classmates said he was mean.

Hoseok sighed, trying to find the right words. "I think this event made him realize that you could be gone in an instant and I think," Hoseok pushed a finger to forehead to exaggerate, "he thinks that maybe you only see him as the older brother who just plays around with you but doesn't care for you. I'm not making any sense, am I, dongsaeng?"

You nodded. Why would Jungkook think that? Sure, you two played around a lot and it seemed like you two could slit each other's throats at any given moment but it was all out of love. You two didn't actual hate each other. Why would he be so insecure?

***

*The night of the friend's sister's funeral*

Jungkook laid in bed, staring at the ceiling that didn't move. He couldn't sleep. The alarm clock told him that he was running out of time to get some shut eye before his classes. But his mind kept telling him that he was running out of time for something else – running out of time to redo everything.

She hates you, Jungkook. All you do is mess around but you never show her that you actually care for her like your brothers.

Jungkook sighed, thinking about how sad his friend seemed.

"I never really told her that I loved her," his friend admitted. "I always thought it was weird. She didn't seem to mind. But now... I kind of wish I told her everyday."

Jungkook sat up. He couldn't get this out of his head. He slipped out of bed and went over to Hoseok's desk in the shared room. He fished around in the dark for a piece of paper and a pen. Once he found what he was looking for, he went down to the kitchen where he flipped the lights on and set to the task he had given himself. He quickly wrote down a few words on the paper and slipped them into your lunchbox for when you took it to school tomorrow. He felt satisfied with the small gesture, for he planned to expand upon it in the coming days.

And the next day, a note would hang from a piece of tape on your wall that read:

"I love you, sis, and I couldn't imagine a day without you! Have a great time at school and don't forget that you can tell me anything! You're the best!"

---

I think I may just post one imagine on Wednesdays now.

Also, random question, but when you think of me, what do you imagine I look like?

I'm going to laugh if someone goes into deep detail lol