Losing Friends

You had come home with Yoongi after school one day. As you walked through the door, the tears you had been crying the whole way home increased in number as you fled to the comfort of your room. Your brothers went to question what was wrong, but your quick pace told them that maybe you needed to take a breather and be away from everyone for a little bit.

"Do you know what's wrong?" Namjoon asked Yoongi as he plopped down on the couch.

"No," Yoongi answered. "These tears seemed different than normal so I didn't want to make her upset. She was holding a piece of paper the whole way home, though."

"Do you think she failed a paper?" Hoseok wondered.

Yoongi shook his head. "She would've stuck in somewhere secret and not be holding it the whole way home." Hoseok nodded, knowing his brother's reasoning was right. A couple other siblings that were lounging around stated a few reasons why you might be upset, but they didn't bother to go check on you.

However, Jimin wasn't downstairs to hear all the reasons why you might be crying. He was walking out of his room and he saw you bolt into your room and slam the door shut. He became concerned instantly and walked over to your door. Contemplating whether or not he should intrude, he went ahead and knocked softly before announcing it was him.

"Come in," he heard a voice squeak. "I'm already disturbed."

"What happened?" he asked gently, cracking the door open. He scooted in, shutting the door behind him so no one would be able to hear the conversation.

You were face-down on your pillow, your body trembling with your sobs. Your school uniform was still on, your shoes the only thing that had been stripped away which were strewn beside the bed. Your lunch box and backpack were laying next to the door. You had probably threw those down as soon as you walked in. You would normally leave your lunch box in the kitchen, but you were too worked up to go through your normal after-school routine.

As a response to Jimin's question, you didn't speak, but you drew your hand out from under your pillow and present him with a folded up piece of note book paper. He walked over and took it, sensing that this was an invitation to read it. He carefully unfolded it and sat on your bed, reading at the words that had been scribbled down. The words seemed to carefully selected and whoever had wrote it had put their whole heart into this.

"I'm losing her," you whined.

"What do you mean?" Your brother placed a hand on your back and rubbed his thumb in little circles.

"My best friend," you explained. "I'm losing her."

Jimin's mind went to the worst scenario immediately. Did she die? Surely not. Jimin decided to not ask that question, but instead brought up another thought. "Is she moving?"

"No," you answered. You rolled over and sat up. You moved over to him and hugged him, hiding yourself in his embrace. "I've been acting like a butt lately and I found this letter in my locker." You sniffled quite a few times and Jimin helped wipe your tears away. "She said she'll leave me if I want her to."

Jimin sighed and hugged you tightly before planting a soft kiss on the top of your head. "I don't think she's leaving. From what I read, it sounds like she wants to stay. Are you pushing her away?"

"I guess it's just been that time of the month," you thought. "And on top of that stress from all these tests and other drama going on."

Jimin nodded. "Do you want her to leave?"

You shook your head. "No. That's why I'm crying. I don't know what I'd do without her."

"Well," Jimin began. "Why don't you either text her, write a letter, or just tell her face to face that you didn't mean to act like this? I think she still wants to be your friend. She's just confused why you suddenly left her. Explain what you've been going through. I'm sure she'll understand."

"She hates me," you blurted.

"I highly doubt that," Jimin argued. "She said that you're the best friend anyone could ever ask for and that if leaving you would make you happy, then she will gladly walk away. From what it sounds like, she doesn't want to leave."

"If she doesn't let me say sorry," you choked, "will you let me sulk in your bed?"

Jimin giggled. "I don't think that's a possibility, baby sis, but if she expresses some sort of anger towards you, you are welcome to come sulk in my bed. And if you need help finding the right words to say, just go with a simple 'I'm sorry.' Or call and ask me for some help."

"Thank you, Jimin."

"I'm here anytime."

---

Go tell minbunnies you love her and you cherish her and yOU ONLY WANT THE BEST FOR HER

*overprotective mom mode activated*