Story Time

You were bored and all your siblings were off doing their own thing. It was a Friday night and dinner had already been served so now all there that was left to do was hang out until Jin called it bed time. You were a little sleepy after a fun day at school, so you didn't want to play. You wanted to just chill and snuggle with your stuffed animals while watching a movie with your brothers. But your eyes landed on a book that sat on your dresser and you got an idea.

Jin perked up when he heard rapid footsteps coming his way. He looked up and saw his six-year-old sister running towards him, a book in her hand. "Hey, what's up, princess? Need help with homework?"

You shook your head and jumped up on the couch, before sliding into your brother's lap. "I want you to read this story for me!"

"Oh really?" Jin asked, hugging you tightly. He looked over your shoulder to see that it was another fairy tale. He had read you Cinderella last night since your mom wasn't there to read you a bedtime story. He frowned, knowing that they would have to tell you sometime about the dreadful news since the funeral was just in a couple days.

This time, though, the story was about a princess who was cursed by an evil fairy. The curse was that on the girl's sixteenth birthday she would fall into a deep sleep. The princess could only be awoken by true love's kiss. "Sleeping Beauty" tonight, maybe "The Little Mermaid" tomorrow?

"Which princess is your favorite?" Jin asked as he took the book, ready to read to his little sister.

"Oh, I don't know!" you giggled. "That's a silly question! That's like asking which brother is my favorite."

Jin chuckled. "Alright, alright."

---