Gang

Requested by wendy_singh. This is in a separate AU, by the way. Also, I didn't really include all the members because I changed the format of this request many, many times. I hope you like it, nonetheless. 

I don't think this is the best I could have done, but I honestly tried. I promise if I do publish my Gang AU story that it is better than this and includes all the members! (Hopefully, because I'm trying to figure out how to piece everything together.)

I hope you enjoy!

---

It wasn't a choice. They had to turn to this. What else are you supposed to do when your parents die and leave you with nothing? Sure, it seemed like the Kim family had a lot – a nice house, nice clothes, nice cars – but a lot of things went on behind closed doors. Not only was the outside world oblivious to what was going on inside the Kim household, but so was the youngest Kim – (Y/N).

Jin was the one who decided upon agreeing to work for one of the most dangerous gangs in Seoul. When his parents died, he expected to have a job ensured for him at the company both of parents worked at. But as soon as he walked up to the CEO, he got pushed away and told that his family wasn't going to be fed with a silver spoon anymore. Jin had no other resources. He had his family to take care of. Six younger brothers and a little sister were counting on him, so he turned the back alleys for shelter. And he slowly began to get what he was chasing – money, so he could ensure safety for his family.

Shortly after him, his brothers joined him in the dangerous game. But there was only on condition – the youngest Kim couldn't know. She wasn't to be told what was happening right under her nose. She didn't need to be wrapped up in her brothers' schemes and become worried or a part of this gang herself. Jin never intended for his other siblings to join, but it happened, and now it seemed like there was no way out.

You sometimes were left home alone a lot. For days, even. That probably started at the age of twelve. You would find a note on the kitchen counter after you searched for just one brother that told you they couldn't be there for a few days. You never felt the need to question as to where they went or why they were leaving you all the time. You just went along with it as if this was normal. And you would wait patiently for them to return and tell you all about their "fun adventure." You had always wondered how they were capable of these adventurous outings but you didn't start doubting them until you turned fourteen. They weren't there that day, or for the following week, so when they returned saying they left to go look for some rare gift, you knew that everything they told you was lies.

You wondered why they came home with so many scratches and bruises. Why did they not want to undress in front of you anymore? It was normal for one to throw off a dirty t-shirt in the hallway as you were passing by, but now it seemed forbidden to even show anything of their torso around you. You didn't bother asking about it, knowing they would probably spit out some stupid lie.

You weren't allowed in their rooms anymore. You had to knock every time you wanted to enter and even then you weren't allowed in. You thought something might change when you brought up an important event that was happening. You were going to be playing for varsity and your brothers seemed excited about it, congratulating you and promising that they would be there. The morning of the game there was a note on your lunchbox saying that they would be there, they just had important business to take care of that morning. But it didn't surprise you that they never showed up. You just had to explain to your assistant coach why you needed a ride home and why you were crying uncontrollably after the game in the bathroom. You were fed up. You were tired of all these secrets. So you decided to look into it yourself.