High School (Part Five)

"You're going to need this," Jimin said as he handed you a small notebook. It was torn at the edges and the papers were ripped at the sides. Some were stained; you noticed that as you flipped through. Jimin's nice handwriting grazed each and every sheet and there a bunch of doodles here and there. "Kim Jimin's High School Survival Guide."

You smiled at his cheesiness. "And why do I need this?"

"It has everything you need to get through high school," Jimin stated with a sure tone.

"Everything?" you questioned.

"Mostly." He sat down beside you and flipped to the front page. It read "If lost, return to Kim Jimin." Next it had his cell phone number and address and you giggled at the drawings of flowers and smiley faces littered on the page. The page was turned and in big bold letters, the top read "Believe in yourself no matter what."

"That's your first step, sis," he said. "Don't ever give up."

You looked down below the header and noticed that a bunch of quotes about self confidence was scribbled down, each in a different color of ink. "If you don't believe in yourself, you won't make it," Jimin contined.

And Jimin was right. His main struggle freshman year was self confidence. He had told himself "You're not going to make it" and "You'll be lucky if you make it a week without crying." He wanted to make sure that his precious little sister wouldn't have that problem, either. He wanted you to go through high school like it was no problem. And whenever you started to doubt yourself, Jimin vowed to rush to your side and chase the bad thoughts away.

"Don't worry about it, okay?" Jimin asked, hugging you. "You'll do great!"

---

Have a good weekend~!