Lannister!Reader - Paint it Black (part 1)

A/N - This is the start of an imagine that was written whilst I listened to the orchestral version of 'Paint it Black' which was created by Ramin Djawadi for the HBO Westworld show. It's got a build to it that is somewhat inspiring for some reason and I can't stop listening to it. I am also very excited for the new season of Westworld to start so have been listening to the soundtrack more frequently. I hope you all enjoy it.

"You must leave, Y/N; you aren't safe here anymore." You furrowed your brow as you watched your uncle frown down at you.

"What are you talking about? Father wouldn't let any harm come to me here" you murmured softly.

Jaime closed his eyes, taking a deep breath as he thought of how to break the news to you. "Joffrey was murdered," he started, pausing when you placed your hand on his arm to comfort him. "Cersei believes it was your father's doing; he's being kept in the dungeons."

Your hand dropped to your side as you stared at him in disbelief. "He wouldn't have hurt Joffrey, he didn't like him but he would never have hurt him." Jaime nodded his agreement, releasing a deep sigh.

"But you see why it's no longer safe for you to remain in King's Landing, I have arranged travel for you to go to Essos, but after that there is little that I can do for you."

You bit your lip, glancing at your feet for a moment before rekindling the eye contact between you and your uncle. "Perhaps if I could speak with Grandfather; he wouldn't let cersei cause me any harm," you started, but you saw Jaime's face drop at the mention of his father.

"He'll do little for you where Cersei is concerned, Y/N. This is the only option." You sniffled slightly, giving him a short nod.

"I'll have to gather my things."

"There won't be time; the ship will leave in an hour." You squeezed your eyes tightly shut for a moment before releasing a sigh.

"Please explain to him why I didn't visit before leaving; I couldn't bare thinking of him all alone and waiting for me," you begged quietly and Jaime nodded.

"I'll go to him as soon as the ship has sailed," he told you before turning your body to lead you towards the harbour. "This is for you," he continued, pressing a heavy coin purse into your hand as you continued to walk. "Spend it wisely."

The closer you got to the sea the more you wished you could turn back. You hadn't even gone North until your trip to Winterfell, let alone going all the way to Essos alone. But it was the only way that you would be able to remain safe, or it was likely that Cersei would attempt to have your head on a stake overlooking the city. You were unsure how long the journey would be, but you were almost certain that it would feel like an age.

"Kingslayer," a gruff older man chuckled, coming over and slapping Jaime's arm roughly with a great smile on his face. "To what do we owe the pleasure?" he continued and you watched as your uncle released the tension in his muscles.

"Y/N, this is Semar Lormer, he owes me a favour," Jaime announced, just loudly enough that both of you could hear him. You watched as Semar glanced at you for a moment before turning his gaze back to Jaime.

"And what favour would that be?" the man grunted, his happier expression turning to a grim one and he began to glare at your uncle.

"Y/N needs passage to Essos," he started, holding up his flesh hand when the man tried to interject. "Don't forget who protected you when you were caught smuggling, Semar. Y/N will get to Essos safely, and you'll make sure of that." Semar nodded his agreement, glancing over at you again before gesturing at the rowing boat at the dockside.