Sandor Clegane X Reader - So Am I

A/N- This imagine is based on the song 'So Am I' by Ava Max. I thought it fit Sandor pretty well. I hope you all enjoy it.

Sandor had been stuck on your from the first moment you had set foot in Joffrey's court. You moved with the grace of a long-reigning queen and your smile was perfect, though he had spent hours wondering how you managed to keep it set so firmly on your lips. He wouldn't have been so curious about you if it weren't for the scar that crossed the majority of your lower face. It looked as though it should pain you; puckered and red. But it wasn't unsightly, not like his, or so he believed.

You had always known that it was Sandor watching you, after all, he wasn't exactly inconspicuous. He was a big man and as such commanded the attention of those in the room, especially when he stood beside their King. Plus, he rarely attempted to hide his staring. 

There was a hesitance in you to admit it, but you had come to King's Landing for him. You had heard of the King's guard and the startling scars his brother had given him; heard of the rumours of his brutality and his rather unfavourable attitude. It was safe to say that you were intrigued. So when your sister invited you to visit her in the capital you had been quick on the uptake. You weren't quite sure what you were hoping to happen, but you had been sitting in on the king's court for some time now and you were starting to grow impatient.

Eventually, it was the King himself that had set your discussions with Sandor in motion. He had smiled when he had spotted you, sitting forward in his seat as allowing his eyes to run over your scar as you continued to smile. You were used to the scrutiny of strangers by now, and yet it always surprised you just how open some could be about their staring.

"Stand," Joffrey began, and you did as you were told, taking a small step forward. "What is your name?"

"Y/N, Your Grace."

"You are new to King's Landing, aren't you?"

"I am, Your Grace."

He nodded, a smirk finding it's way onto his lips. "I would never forget a face like yours-" he glanced behind him at his guard, "-so similar to my dog." Sandor was staring straight forward, unmoving, and you watched as the King's behaviour shifted. "Do you like her, Dog?" 

For a moment, Sandor did not answer, his body so still that you believed he had frozen. But then he suddenly shifted, his eyes landing on you. He simply nodded. 

"Yes, you do," the King began again, clapping his hands together as he laughed. "Of course you do, she would be so pretty if it weren't for that thing," he added, gesturing wildly at your face. "I will do this one thing for you, Dog. Lady Y/N, you will be wed to my guard."

Your eyes went wide and for a moment your smile slipped from your lips, your mouth dropping open as you attempted to conjure up even one coherent thought. "Yes, Your Grace." The words had left you before you could fully think of what they meant, and then he was excusing you from the room, leaving you to walk back to your chambers in a daze.

*Time Skip*

"I'm sorry." You had opened the door a few hours later to find Sandor blocking your way, his head ducked as you watched him curiously. For such a large man, he had the ability to make himself look so small when he needed to, like a wounded puppy.

You nodded, "you have nothing to apologise for, Sandor," you uttered, resting a hand on his elbow ever so lightly and sending him a soft smile. "You had as little say over this as I did."

You moved aside, gesturing for him to follow you into your chambers, and shut the door behind him. "Thank you for being so understanding-" Sandor paused for a moment, standing completely still as you made yourself comfortable around your table, smiling up at him, "-I wouldn't be if I were in your position."