Lannister!Reader - Paint it Black (Part 2)

A/N - Part two to a 'Paint it Black' orchestral piece inspired imagine. I have realised that this doesn't fully fit the canon timeline but lets go with it, shall we? I hope you all enjoy it.

You should have been dead. You shouldn't have made it through the first night, but you were too stubborn to let them finish you off that easily. If they were going to murder you you would have to put up a fight, no matter how bad the odds looked.

There hadn't been another living soul anywhere in your sight for what seemed like an age, though you were sure that in reality it had only been a few nights. The bleak expanse of dirt and sand went for miles, or so it seemed, and yet you could see nothing. There was no sound but that of the wind slapping against your chest and throwing your loose clothing about you. It had grown so quiet that you almost hoped for the thundering of hooves to find you, to come and free you from your post.

Taking a deep breath you attempted once more to free yourself, digging your nails into the thick rope that held you to the wooden post. Your nails bent and cried as you continued to fight with the restraints. You could feel the cool trickle of blood as it escaped your already scarred fingers and ran down your hand, gathering at the wrist before dropping into the sand. It was useless. You would die here, and soon.

You squinted your eyes shut, unable to produce anything close to tears from the heat and lack of water. Instead, you released a throaty cry, one that scratched it's way out of your chest and echoed across the empty space before you.

When the echo returned it brought with it a new sound, one of laughter and hooves. Your eyes flew open, revealing the Dothraki on the horizon, coming towards you at such a speed that you were almost worried that they would continue past your post and further into the expanse on the desert.

Once they had reached you the men continued to laugh amongst themselves, only stopping when the Khal raised his hand. He muttered something to the woman you had met before and she smiled before translating. "The Khal says that you are stronger than you look," she told you, dismounting to come to your side, cutting the ropes and helping you to your feet. "The Khaleesi has asked to meet with you," she added and you simply nodded as she lifted you up onto her horse before climbing up behind you.

*Time Skip*

"What's your name?" The Dothraki Queen asked you. There was no mistaking her heritage, the white hair that hung to her waist and violet eyes that seemed to pierce your skin and sink into your soul in a way that made you want to confess your deepest secrets. She was a Targaryen and there was no denying it.

"Y/N," you answered softly, watching as she quirked an eyebrow at you.

"Your full name," she continued and you nodded, swallowing the lump in your throat before speaking again.

"Y/N Lannister, daughter of Tyrion Lannister," you uttered, your voice barely above a whisper.

The Queen let out a deep sigh as she watched you. "I had so hoped that it wasn't true, but I couldn't fool myself after I had set eyes on you." She sighed again before glancing at her husband, murmuring softly to him before turning back to you. "Why should we keep you alive?"

"Because every damned person in that family, other than my father, wants me dead," you answered without hesitation. "And I could have information about King's Landing that will be of benefit to you, Khaleesi."

The Queen's lips turned up into a small smile as she looked down at you. "I suppose you could be useful, are you any good in combat?" You shook your head, unable to bring yourself to speak from fear of changing her mind. "Then we will have to sort you some training, won't we?" she told you, giving you a kind smile before getting to her feet and leaving the tent, followed closely by her husband.