Lannister!Reader x Oberyn Martell - Some Day My Prince Will Come

A/N- Imagine based on the song 'Some Day My Prince Will Come' from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. It's kind of short but I thought it was a pretty cute little imagine.

"Y/N, you look as though your head is set thoroughly among the clouds this morning," your mother told you, giving you a soft smile as you chuckled at her words.

"I'm just a little distracted," you muttered with a smile, and though she watched you carefully for another moment or so, she didn't bother to question you.

"Will you be joining us for tea in the gardens this afternoon?" she asked you, letting her hand run over Tommen's hair as he wriggled about at her feet.

"No, I think I'm going to stay in the library today, I fancy a spot of reading," you told her quickly and she tutted slightly.

"You can't stay cooped up in that dark old smelly room on a day as lovely as this one," she murmured to you, but you simply answered with a shrug as you got to your feet.

"I will make sure to keep the shutters on the window open," you answered with a wide smile.

"The sun would do you some good," she called after you as you pushed through the door and into the hallway with a small wave and a chuckle.

You hated lying to your mother, but sometimes it was easier to keep your romantic escapades under wraps. Oberyn agreed with you, he was aware of your mother's distrust for his family, and though you were also somewhat wary of his intentions you truly trusted him after spending so much time in his company.

The library wasn't far from your true destination, and you hummed a quiet tune to yourself as you made your way through the Red Keep and out into the sunshine that spilled through the archways and across the stone floors. You had always loved the feeling of the warm morning sun kissing your skin and you paused to stand at the window and bask in it, letting it run over your closed eyelids, heating your cheeks and causing you to smile.

"It seems I've caught you off guard, Princess." You would have known the voice anywhere and you let out a light chuckle without moving from your spot in the sun. "As beautiful as you look right now, it would not be good for us to be caught here together," he added, moving closer to you and letting his hands land on your hips.

You released a contented sigh when you felt his lips press against the bare skin on the back of your neck, so lightly that you may have missed it if you weren't expecting it. "You don't seem like you are in much of a rush," you told him, turning to face him slowly and pressing your lips against his. "But truly, we shouldn't be here," you continued and he nodded his agreement before releasing you.

"I will see you in my chambers soon?" he asked, his fingers brushing against your cheeks as you smiled up at him.

"I won't be long," you answered softly, untangling yourself from his grip before moving back to the window and allowing the sun to wash over you again. Oberyn's footsteps faded as he left you, though you wished you could have just gone with him. You had both known early in your relationship that you would be unable to spend time together openly, for fear of your mother putting an end to the arrangement, so instead you settled for sneaking through the Red Keep alone, hoping to come across his chambers without being caught.

*Time Skip*

"My mother is right, you know?" you muttered softly to Oberyn, wrapped up in his arms with the sheets pulled over the two of you. He looked down into your eyes in confusion. "I have been spending too much time inside recently," you explained, shifting out of his grip and pulling his robe around your body before moving over to his window and pulling the shutters open. You smiled as you looked down at the city you knew better than anything but it soon faded when his hands slammed them shut again.

"Are you insane?" he asked you, moving between you and the window and pulling you close to him. "If they see you in my chambers, in my robe, there will be outrage, My Love," he told you softly, his hand coming up to trace your frown.

"Why should we have to hide our love for one another?" You muttered, leaning closer into his arms and allowing him to press his lips to your forehead. "Joffrey has never had to hide his relationship with the Tyrell girl," you added and he let out a deep sigh.

"Please, do not make me explain it again, My Sweet, I hate seeing how it hurts you," he told you, his lips still against your skin as he murmured the words.

"This hurts me," you whispered to him, turning your head so that you could look into his eyes, "having to lie to my family hurts me, not being able to see you hurts me," you added and he let his eyes drift closed.

"Your Grandfather will kill me," he muttered, but you were quick to interrupt.

"Just let me talk to him, he wants me to be happy, and you make me happy, Oberyn, happier than I have ever been before," you surged out, your words jumbling together as he smile down at you.

"If that is what you want," he answered you softly, leaning down and kissing you as gently as he could.

*Time Skip*

You poked your head around the door of your Grandfather's study, smiling softly at him as you knocked against the wood to draw his attention. "Y/N, to what do I owe the pleasure?" he asked you, gesturing for you to sit in one of the chairs across from him.

"I wanted to ask you about a betrothal," you told him softly, and suddenly you had every ounce of his attention.

"Well then, who is it that has caught your attention, my dear?" He was smiling, a rare occurrence, and you almost felt guilty about what you were about to ask of him.

"Oberyn Martell," you answered him softly, watching as the smile faded into a frown.

"The Martell's hate our family, Y/N, especially Oberyn," he told you, gathering up some of the papers on his desk and leafing through them half-heartedly.

"I am aware of that, but Oberyn and I," you started, pausing momentarily when he looked up at you over the papers. "Oberyn and I truly care about one another, Grandfather, I love him."

"How can you be sure that he is not just using you to harm our family?"

You were disgusted by the question, and you were unwilling to hide it. "How do you know that Margaery isn't just marrying Joffrey to overthrow our family?" He let out a deep sigh as he watched you.

"I will agree to it, but only if you are certain that Oberyn is being true with his intentions." He watched as you smiled at him, reaching forward to take his hand in yours.

"I promise you, Grandfather, he loves me, he truly loves me," you told him and he gave a short nod.

"Then it seems I will be arranging another royal wedding," he told you, mustering up a small smile. You were almost happy with your ability to change your Grandfather's mind, he had always been so adverse to the idea of the Martells, but now he was allowing his own granddaughter to marry one of them.

*Time Skip*

"Oberyn," you yelled, hurrying towards his door with a great smile on your lips, and watching as he yanked the door to his chambers open, his face scrunched up in worry. "He said yes," you cried, throwing yourself into his arms and allowing him to hold you tightly to him.

"My Love, I have never heard words so sweet come from your lips," he told you, pulling you into a quick kiss. You raised your hands, allowing your finger tips to brush over his stubble and smiling up at him. You could feel your heart swell as you thought of being able to spend your life with the man before you, being able to marry him and have his children.

"I love you," you murmured softly, leaning up to kiss him again and feeling your eyes prickle with tears.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. This money gives me the ability to continue writing in my spare time without having to worry about extra funds and will eventually help me to begin publishing my own works outside of my fanfiction. Follow the link: Ko-fi.com/S6S075KP to pledge money. The link is also available on my profile page and in the comments down below. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x