Lannister!Reader x Jon Snow? - Let it be

A/N- I wrote this imagine whilst listening to Let it be by The Beatles on repeat. It ends a little suddenly as I lost my sanity from listening to the same song so many times but I hope you all enjoy it.

You huffed out a breath of air as you stepped out of the great hall and into the snowy courtyard of Winterfell. You could already feel the rush of blood to your nose, colouring it a light pink as you marched further away from the warmth in search of your brother. You had already grown tired of your sister scowling at her husband across the people who were actually enjoying the merriments and had decided that Tyrion would be a far better way of distracting yourself. He was always in such high spirits at parties, though you were certain it was only because of the spirits he would have consumed with his meal. You paused for a moment, glancing around you to no avail until you heard his drunken muttering coming for a little ways away. You quickened your pace, rounding the corner with a soft smile as you found him talking the ear off of Lord Starks bastard.

"Tyrion," you started, causing both men to glance over at you, "it is quite rude of you to abandon me with our sister," you continued, leaning against the wall as you chuckled at the boys shocked expression. "Good evening, Jon, I'm sorry if I'm interrupting," you told him, your voice sweet as you continued to smile at him.

"It is a pleasant interruption, My Lady," he murmured, clearing his throat slightly, "but surely you would prefer to be inside in the warm?"

"And leave you out here all alone?" you asked him, quirking an eyebrow at him, "I could never be so rude."

"Lady Stark thought his presence would offend our sister," Tyrion grumbled and you nodded slightly.

"It probably would have, but that is because our sweet sister is a stickler for the rules and absolutely no fun." Jon still looked utterly stunned, glancing between the two Lannisters standing before him and speaking ill of the Queen. "There is no need to look quite so like a startled rabbit, Jon, Cersei knows that the only time I say anything in malice it is to her face."

"If someone hears you I will be in trouble," he mumbled, causing you to release a bubble of laughter.

"And who would hear us? It seems that only the most foolish of people come out here so late at night."

"Jon was just telling me about the hardships of being a bastard," Tyrion suddenly interrupted, steering the conversation in a whole new direction.

"Is that so?" you asked quietly, shifting slightly to rest more comfortably against the wall. Jon nodded, his eyes fixed on the snow under his feet. "Well, Jon Snow, it may surprise you to know that it is not much fun being a woman either," you told him, reaching out to pat his shoulder, "but it is a burden I will wear with pride, because there will always be others who have it worse." Jon moved as though he wanted to argue, but when his eyes met yours the fight seemed to drop from him, leaving him staring. "If you want to be mad at the world there is no one who can stop you," you paused for a moment, giving a small shrug, "but you've had the best life a bastard child could hope for, and Tyrion the best life a Dwarf could be offered, and I was lucky that I was highborn, for I will have more control over my life than most."

"I just," he started, releasing a deep breath, "I don't belong here, I never have."

You tilted your head slightly, watching him with your eyes narrowed. "So where do you belong?" you asked him quietly and you saw a small smile dance onto his lips.

"With the Night's Watch," he told you.

You let out a small laugh of surprise at his words, "you truly believe that your place is among rapists and murderers and thieves?"