Jon Snow X Reader - Time After Time

A/N- This imagine is based on the song 'Time After Time' by Cyndi Lauper, which is my favourite from her repertoire. I hope you all enjoy it. 

You had been having the same argument with Sansa since you were about twelve years old. She had always insisted that you loved Jon, not as your best friend but as something more, and you had always told her that she was insane. You had known Jon since you were children and he had always been like an older brother to you, the concept of him as your lover was sickening. You were lying, of course. 

Jon was sweet and honourable and one of the most handsome men you had ever met, there was no doubting that you would have been honoured to share your love with him, and yet you never would. Your friendship meant far more to you than any love affair ever could and you weren't about to risk losing it for some random fling with your best friend. 

Now, as adults, Sansa had yet to drop the subject. "He loves the Targaryen girl, but it would never compare to how he has always felt about you," she had announced as you were taking tea in her chambers one evening. She watched on as you shook your head at her.

"Jon does not have feelings for me," you told her softly, shifting to tuck your leg under yourself as you sat up a little straighter. 

"Don't be foolish, Y/N, it doesn't suit you," she bit back quickly, raising her eyebrows when you looked at her in shock. "If you would confess your feelings for him her hold on the North would loosen."

"Sansa-" you spat out, "I am not going to lie to him to help you oust the Queen." 

She released a deep sigh, "but you wouldn't be lying because you do love him."

"Jon needs our support, not us scheming behind his back," you told her softly, skirting around her words as though she had never said them, "I can't do that to him."

"Because you love him," she repeated, lifting her cup to her lips to take a small sip. You could see the smirk hidden behind the china and you simply shook your head at your friend.

"He does not need me complicating things with half-baked feelings," you finally answered, "that isn't fair on either of us."

"They're hardly half-baked, Y/N, you've been in love with him since we were children."

You shook your head, "No." 

Sansa's smirk faded as she placed the cup back onto its saucer, leaning forward and placing her hand on top of yours with a deep frown. "There is no better time than now." You both remained quiet for a moment. "Daenerys has far too much power over him, she already made him relinquish his hold on the North; Gods know what she'll have him doing next." 

"I'm sorry but this isn't your decision. You know I love you like a sister, I would die for you if ever you needed me to, but this-" you paused, pulling your hand out from under hers, "-I just won't do it."

*Time Skip*

You had gotten very good at minding your own business around the halls of Winterfell since you had returned. Everyone was always so busy with their own duties that they hardly noticed you wandering through the castle in your little daze.

"Y/N." You would have known that voice anywhere, glancing over your shoulder to smile back at Jon. You paused, giving him a little wave as he jogged to catch up to you. "I've been looking everywhere for you."

You smiled softly at him. "I find it's best to stay out of the way, for the time being."

Jon's brow furrowed, "is everything okay?"

No. You wanted to say it so badly. No, everything was not okay. The only man you had ever loved was in love with someone else; there was a war on the horizon that could wipe out every living person you had ever cared for; and worst of all, Sansa had yet to forgive you for being so blunt with her. "Yes, why wouldn't it be?"

"You just seem distracted," he told you, lifting his hand to rub gently at your back. "If you need to talk, you can come to me."

"Thank you, Jon."

He smiled at you for a moment, pulling you into a tight hug before releasing you. "I ought to get going, I'm already late for my next meeting with the Queen." He began to walk away down the halls, sending you another small smile over his shoulder as he rounded the corner, leaving you stuck on the spot.

"Jon," you called out before your brain could stop you, watching as his head popped back around the corner. You were silent for a moment, simply taking in his features. "I miss you."

You saw his smile grown once more and he nodded. "I miss you too."

A small laugh escaped you as you shook your head, gesturing at him. "You're going to be late."

"Yeah," he answered softly, stepping back into the hall and moving towards you, "but this is more important."

He got closer, pulling you into another hug. This one was longer and tighter, and you felt your breathing hitch as you wrapped your arms around his middle. "You're Queen is waiting for you," you mumbled against his shoulder and he let out a light chuckle. 

"I'm already late, I doubt she'll notice another minute." You both stood silently for a moment, clinging to one another as you had when he had first returned to Winterfell. "Sansa came to my chambers last night," he started softly and you tensed in his grip, "she said you had something you wished to speak with me about, but that you were worried to do so."

"She misunderstood," you started, but he shook his head.

"She told me you love me." You pressed your eyes shut, still held tight in his arms, your face pressed into his leather tunic. "I already knew, of course, I always said I would marry you when we were younger, and then life got in our way."

"Jon," you attempted to start again, your voice soft as you pulled away slightly. "I asked her not to say anything," you began again, unable to make a sensical sentence. 

Jon sighed, "Why on earth would you ask that of her?" your brow furrowed when he released you, holding you at arm's length. "I have loved you since I was old enough to know what love was. When this war is over I intended to make you my wife."

You felt your eyes fill with tears, "but your new Queen," you uttered softly, the words dropping off as your mouth hung open.

"What about her? She is an ally, nothing more." 

You released a choked laugh, wiping away the few tears that had threatened to fall. Your eyes met Jon's as his hand came to rest on your cheek. 

"I love you," he uttered softly, leaning in and pressing a gentle kiss to your lips.

Your hands found themselves on his chest, pulling him closer as he kissed you. A small laugh bubbled out of you as his lips released yours. "Sorry," you murmured softly, your hand coming to cover your mouth as he smiled down at you. "I was just wondering what thirteen-year-old me would think, seeing me kissing you."

"Well, fourteen-year-old me would be kicking himself that he didn't tell you sooner."

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x