Tormund Giantsbane X Pregnant!Reader (Requested by Amethyst_CuteAngel)

A/N- This imagine was requested by Amethyst_CuteAngel. I ended up getting a lot of inspiration from the song Rockabye by Clean Bandit ft. Sean Paul and Anne-Marie. I hope you all enjoy it.

Trouble was on the horizon. You had known as much from the moment the dogs had begun howling. A piercing sound that left you all in stunned silence before it turned into a distant rumble. The hounds had fallen silent then, as shocked as the rest of you by the ever-growing thundering noise.

"Tormund," you uttered quietly, reaching out and gripping his arm in one of your hands. You would know that sound anywhere, though some of the others among you were still naive to what was coming for them. He glanced back at you, his eyes lingering on where your other hand rested on your swollen stomach.

"Snow," he called out, sudden and sharp, causing you to flinch slightly. "We need to move fast." The young man was the first crow you had ever properly encountered and you were still struck by the impression that maybe he wasn't quite as sure of himself as he had first seemed. He nodded and sped up his work, helping more and more people onto the few wooden boats, but the sound was growing louder.

"We should shut the gate." Your words seemed to linger among the lot of you but no one moved to answer. "If we don't everyone not on one of these boats will die. It'll give us more time."

The boy continued his work, as though he hadn't heard your words. "My wife is talking to you, Snow," Tormund growled, and if it weren't for your hand, still gripping onto his arm, then he likely would have given the poor lad a shove.

"Those people will die if we close the gate." He never stopped working, shoving the boat he was working on out to sea and moving on to another.

"And these people will die if we do not, Lord Commander." He gestured towards the boat in front of him.

"It's your turn," he told you quietly, and you quickly shook your head.

"Don't be stubborn, woman," Tormund started, causing you to look back at him in horror. He wrapped his arm around you, ushering you towards safety.

You paused, half-way into the boat. "Are you coming with me?"

"I have work to do, but I'll be on the next lot," he started but his words became drowned out by the sounds of confusion, which quickly grew into a cacophony of screams.

You gripped his hand, shaking your head slightly.

"Please," you started softly, your eyes locking with his for a moment before he turned to glance back at the people behind him. He took a deep breath, ready to answer when Snow slapped his hand down on his shoulder.

"Get in, this one has to leave." His words almost brought you to tears, and you tugged Tormund's hand to lead him into the boat before either man could change their mind.

"Thank you," you uttered quietly, though you weren't sure which man it was aimed at. You huddled close to your husband as the boat was pushed off, headed for the ship that floated just off of the coastline.

You were maybe twenty feet from the shore when Tormund shifted away from you, taking your face gently in his hands and pressing a kiss to your lips, an act of affection that you had grown used to through the years. But then, as if by magic, he was gone, plunging into the water and swimming as fast as he could back to land.

For a moment, you weren't quite sure how to react and then suddenly you were full of anger, getting to your feet and clinging to the edge of the boat as you yelled all sorts of profanities after him. It took three women to calm you, one of them clinging to your hand as she tried to get you back into your seat. It was as though your body and mind gave out in a single second and you slumped back against the side of the boat, watching as Tormund got further and further away until he drifted into the crowd.

*Time Skip*

You had been on the ship for hours, sandwiched in the hull and waiting for any sort of news of Tormund to reach you. At some point, you had attempted to sleep, but the noise of the children, crying for their parents, had done nothing but agitate you, leaving you restless and scared. Every now and then you would rest your hand against your stomach, taking a few deep breaths until you felt the baby kick softly. You had been muttering to the child at one point, promising them safety and love, and yet in the back of your mind, you knew you could promise no such thing. The world had become a hard place and your people were at the bottom of what the southerners called society.

Exhaustion had eventually carried you into a fitful sleep, leaving you resting uncomfortably against the wall. But you were awoken by someone yelling your name.

"Y/N," you would have known the voice anywhere and began to struggle to your feet as you searched the crowd for your husband. "Y/N," the yell came again, more frantic this time.

"I'm here," you called back, lifting your arm in the air to wave over the heads of the people gathered around you. You could hear the groans of annoyance as Tormund cleared himself a path to you, but you couldn't bring yourself to care as he reached you, pressing his lips to yours in a rough kiss. "You are a stupid man," you huffed when his lips finally left you, his arms still firmly wrapped around your middle.

"I'm sorry." You weren't used to Tormund being like this. Sure, he was a very touchy man, it was rare for you to go a day without him groping you in some fashion. But not like this. He had his head nestled into your neck, his face hidden amongst your hair, and he seemed so close to tears that it left you feeling uneasy. "It was foolish of me," he added softly.

You nodded, "we're okay," you told him, lifting your hand to run it over the back of his head. "Perhaps, we could go up on deck," you suggested quietly, but he quickly cut you off.

"No." Your brow furrowed as he pulled away from you, leaning in ever so slightly to press his lips to your forehead. "You don't want to see what happened out there."

You nodded your understanding again, shifting from his grip and gesturing to the floor behind you, "then we ought to get comfortable." Tormund surveyed the spot you had managed to carve out for yourself, shaking his head.

"Come-" he told you quietly, "-Snow'll find you something better."

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x