Sansa Stark x Fem!Reader - Meant to Be

A/N - this imagine is based on the song 'Meant to Be' by Bebe Rexha ft. Florida Georgia Line. I'm really enjoying the pop-country style of the song. I hope you all enjoy it.

You pressed a soft kiss to Sansa's lips, allowing your fingers to trail through her hair as you pulled away. She gave you a smile before turning to rest her head on your shoulder and sighing. "You have always been a good friend to me, Y/N," she muttered and you let out a loud chuckle.

"We aren't friends, Sansa; Friends don't do the things we do," you murmured through your laughter and you felt her go rigid beside you, her entire body tensing at your words.

"What do you mean?"

You chuckled again, though it came out less happy than the last one. "Friends don't kiss like we do. They don't take each other in their beds, Sansa; lovers do that," you told her gently, raising your eyebrows at her as her mouth opened to speak and just hung there for a second.

"I'm not gay," she finally stuttered out. "and we aren't lovers; we're friends who occasionally help each other with intimate tasks." She got to her feet as she spoke, crossing the room to be as far from you as she could possibly be in her relatively small chambers.

"I'm not asking you to marry me or anything, but we've made love countless times, I'd at least like you to admit that we have been lovers for the best part of the last year," you started, your eyebrows knitted together as you watched her shuffle on the spot for a moment.

"I don't love you," she spat out suddenly, straightening her back and looking down at the floor, her lips held in a straight line on her face. "I think you ought to leave," she added and you nodded as you got to your feet and passed her to get to the door, letting it close on it's own as you attempted to put more space between you.

*Time Skip*

You couldn't help but mope around Winterfell in the days that had followed Sansa's confession, you had hardly even seen the girl, unable to go to her chambers and do your duty, instead, lingering around in the servants quarters and trying to avoid anyone who could force you into seeing her. You were hurt, you had been certain that Sansa felt for you the way you felt for her, but you had been wrong and you were embarrassed.

"What are you doing up here?" You jumped at the voice, no one was supposed to come into the servants quarters during the day, not unless they were sick. You looked up, finding The King in the North staring back at you, his eyebrows raised as he gave you a small smile.

"I was unwell, your Grace," you told him as softly as you could, quickly getting to your feet and curtseying to him. "Is there something you needed?"

He nodded moving across the room and sitting on the bed opposite your own. "I need to ask you a question," he started and you nodded slightly, waiting for him to ask you some unimportant question about the running of the household. Jon had always been interested in the staff that worked in Winterfell and had often spent his time with you whilst your mother worked in the Kitchen. "What happened between you and Sansa? You've both been in foul moods for some time now."

You sniffed slightly, biting down on your lip to hold back a sob that wanted to escape you. "It was nothing, Your Grace," you muttered slightly slumping down onto the bed and drawing your knees up to your chest. He would know that you were lying, he knew you better than anyone else and he always had. You almost hoped he would let your obvious lie slide, but there was no such luck.

"It's a crime to lie to your King," he told you, quirking an eyebrow at you with a small sad smile to accompany it. "Please tell me what is going on Y/N; we can fix it, I promise."