Jon Snow X Martell!Reader - Alejandro

A/N- This imagine is based on the song Alejandro by Lady Gaga, but mostly I was inspired by the line "She's not broken; she's just a baby, and her boyfriend's like a dad, just like a dad," which I've always loved. This is only the start of the story, and isn't very fleshed out hense why it ends rather suddenly. I wanted to post something as soon as possible, but I hope you all enjoy it anyway.

You had been engaged to marry some southern lord since the day you were born. Your father had told you so more times than you could even begin to count. "It is the life of a Princess," he had uttered when you had attempted to argue, "the price of being born to royalty." You had been less accepting of such a curse. 

"I do not see why he has to be a southern lord," you protested, keeping your voice as gentle as you could manage. 

But your father simply shrugged, "Doran has requested it," he started, watching as your lips turned into a small snarl. "Believe me, I am not pleased with the agreement either, but we have been having the same argument since you were born, my sweet, and nothing I say or do will change your fate."

You continued to frown, your eyes falling to the table. "The least he could do was allow me to choose my own husband, if I am forced to marry outside of Dorne." You father smiled at your words.

"Spoken like a true dornish woman," he murmured softly, drawing your eyes back to him and causing a smile to grace your lips, despite your annoyance.

You sat back slightly, bringing your hand up to your chin as you thought, one finger tapping lightly against the skin. "May I be given permission to travel before I marry?" you hummed, lowering your hand slightly to watch for your father's response, one of your eyebrows quirked as you waited. 

Oberyn Martell was not one to cling to tradition, nor was he the type of man to coddle his children. He pursed his lips as he considered the question. "I will grant you three months, but you will take guards to guarantee your safe return."

"You believe I will run away," you spoke, more of a statement than a question, as you watched him with a deep intensity in your eyes that he had never seen before.

"If I had been forced to marry someone I did not love, I would have considered it." His answer caused you to released a small laugh, and you quickly climbed to your feet. "Where will you go?" 

You shrugged slightly, "who knows?" you told him, smiling sweetly before sweeping out of the room and into the halls.

*Time Skip*

You smiled as you stared out of the window of the carriage, watching as the landscape turned from green, to grey, and then finally to pure, untouched white. When people spoke of the north you had believed they had all been exagerating. There was no way that one land could have blazing hot sun in one part, and carpets of snow in another. But now you could see it for yourself, and you were not disappointed by what you saw. 

You had never seen snow before. Never experienced what it was to truly be cold. Never even considered what it would be like to feel the ice under your feet, crunching with each step. When you had reached the first telling bite of snow you had order the carriaged to stop, climbing out and taking a few tentative steps. You don't know what came over you, for in that moment, tears began to form in your eyes, stinging as they hit your cold skin. "I love it," you declared to the guard closest to you, who simply smiled and gave you a short nod. "What do northerners do in all this white?" you asked him, and he cleared his throat slightly before taking a few steps closer to you.

"I am unsure, M'lady, I grew up in Dorne." You shook your head slightly as a chuckle escaped your lips.

"Of course," you told him gently, glancing at him for a moment before returning your eyes to the icy landscape. "Have you ever seen anything so beautiful?"