Sandor Clegane X Dornish!Reader - Precious Love: Requested

A/N - This chapter was requested by user: JenaVeng04. I have decided to base this imagine on the song 'Precious Love' by James Morrison. I hope you all enjoy it.

The Capital had been overwhelming when you'd first arrived. You had expected beautiful buildings and even more beautiful people, but it was more chaotic than that. Perhaps you should have seen that coming with the current political climate. After all, there was a war on, and half of the living lords of Westeros hated the others. But you had always been a firm believer of making the best of a bad situation and you'd quickly gone about making as many friends as you could manage. 

Margaery Tyrell had been the first person you'd approached. She was practically the same age as you, and one of the sweetest women you had ever met, and you became fast friends. And of course, you cousin Oberyn was someone you could always count on to keep you company when the evenings got overwhelming or lonely. 

It wasn't until you attended court for the first time that you decided on your next friend. Sandor Clegane was a well known loner, and someone who would take a lot of work to befriend, and so your mind was set. You would find some way of turning him into a social man, whether he wanted you to or not. 

You'd hovered outside the doors of the Throne Room one afternoon as court was coming to an end, waiting with bated breath for him to make his hasty exit, as usual. As soon as he was through the door, you were at his side, a smile fixed on your lips as you fell into step beside him.

"A wonderful day of court, don't you think?" you started, watching as he glanced down at you, his lips set in a firm line. "I always enjoy seeing you standing with the King. Your face is very good at expressing your opinions of the other lords."

Sandor released a small grunt, pausing and causing you to stop beside him. "What do you want?"

"Why would I want anything?" There was a moment of silence as you quirked a brow at him. "I'm just making conversation," you added softly.

"Then go and make conversation with someone else."

Suddenly, your face went from sweet to frustrated. "I don't want to make conversation with someone else; I want to talk to you."

Sandor had to admit, you had a very pretty face, and something about the way your brow was wrinkled with concentration had caught his attention. "You're a pain in the arse," you uttered, shaking his head before continuing down the hall.

You sped up to fall back into step beside him, releasing a deep sigh. "You're lucky that I don't offend easily. Other ladies would be quite hurt by that comment," you told him, hearing him snort slightly at your words.

"That's the point."

*Time Skip*

By the end of the week, you'd managed to coerce Sandor into your first proper conversation. A couple of weeks later, you were behaving as though you'd known each other for years. And by the end of the month, you'd fallen completely and utterly in love with him.

It probably should have been then that you'd taken a step away. It would have been smart to have created some distance between you to stop yourself from being hurt, but you couldn't bring yourself to listen to the part of your brain that still clung to logic.

"Sandor," you'd murmured one afternoon, your legs propped in his lap as you sat on your balcony, overlooking the gardens. You spent most of your time here. Sandor was always too worried about you being seen with him in public, but here was just private enough to get away with it. He hummed, encouraging you to continued. "Are we friends?"

He seemed to tense at your question, shifting under the weight of your limbs. "I don't know." There was a moment of silence as you continued to stare out at the late afternoon sky, watching as it slowly shifted from a light blue to a soft pink. "What do you think?"

You shrugged slightly. "I'm not really sure," you told him, glancing over at him for a moment, only to find his eyes already focused on you. "Do you want to be my friend?"

"Gods girl, I'd like to be far more than just your friend," Sandor grunted, pulling his eyes away from your and he leant his head back against the back of his seat.

A small smile pulled at your lips as his hand came to rest on your ankle, brushing over the soft skin ever so lightly. "Good."

"Good?"

You nodded as he glanced over at you again. "Very good." You paused for a moment, smiling as a blush crept up into your cheeks. "Wonderful," you added, biting down on your bottom lip as you looked over to him again, seeing his own smile forming on his lips.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x