Sandor Clegane X Reader - Sweet About Me: Requested

A/N - This chapter was requested by user: lost_-_girl101. I ended up using the song 'Sweet About Me' by Gabriella Cilme for inspiration. I hope you all enjoy it.

You had worked so hard to set up a camp outside of the prying eyes of the travellers on the King's Road. You'd gone as far into the woods on the side of the road as you could manage, finding yourself a little clearing that you could start a fire and get comfortable in. After all, if you were only staying for a night, you didn't want the hard work of clearing a space for yourself only to have to abandon it the next morning. 

By the time you had settled down in front of the fire, with a rabbit roasting above it, you were absolutely exhausted. It wasn't until you were already eating that you felt the presence behind you, or more, you heard it. The man had come stumbling out of the tree line, his armour clattering as he caught sight of you.

"Who are you?" he had started, voice thick and gruff as his brow furrowed in your direction.

You were on your feet as quickly as you could manage, your eyes wide as they fixed on him. You were silent for a second, simply staring in his direction, and then it was as though a spell was broken and your face fell into a hardened, stern expression. "I could ask you the same thing."

The giant of a man looked a little taken aback by your response, but gave a short shrug. "The name's Sandor. I'm not worth knowing," he uttered, moving forward a little, his eyes flitting over to the fire for a moment. "I smelt food. Assumed there was a tavern or something out this way."

"In the middle of the woods?" Another shrug. "My brother will be back soon. He's getting more firewood. But he won't be happy to find a man hanging around me."

"I just need some food," he murmured, glancing down to the half-eaten rabbit laying on the floor. "I'd really appreciate it, if it isn't being saved for your brother that is."

You shook your head, bending to pick up the food, but keeping your eyes locked on him the entire time. "It's yours," you uttered, holding it out to him at arms length in an attempt to keep some distance between you.

He took the food from you, sending you the most awkward half-hearted smile you had ever seen before slumping down to warm himself beside the fire. He was half way through his first bite when he glanced up at you, noticing the way you had hovered uncomfortably a few feet away. "I'm not gonna' hurt ya'," he grumbled, nodding his head towards the spot you had been sitting a few minutes before.

You took his silent bidding, moving to take your seat in front of the fire, your eyes never leaving him. "My brother won't like-"

"You don't have a brother," he interrupted, returning to his food as you stared at him in horror.

"Yes I do."

"No. You don't. You're out here alone and you didn't want me figuring it out because you think I'm gonna' take advantage."

"And you won't?" He glanced up at you for a moment, brows furrowed in confusion. "You won't try to take advantage if I am alone?"

He shook his head, lowering his gaze back to the food in his hands. "I prefer my women to actually want to fuck me," he uttered around a mouthful.

"Oh," you murmured, shifting to pull your legs underneath yourself as you continued to watch him.

"So, do you have a brother?"

You remained silent for a moment, considering your answer. "I do. But he isn't with me at the moment."

The man released a snort, not once looking in your direction. "Sounds like a shit brother if he's letting you travel alone."

"Who's to say I gave him a choice?" you spat out. "I have my own mind; I'm allowed to make my own decisions."

"Then you made a pretty shit decision, didn't you?"

An awkward silence stretched out between you as he continued to devour the food, and then he was looking up at you, throwing the bones onto the fire. 

"I know who you are," he stated simply, wiping his hands on the grass surrounding him. 

Your entire body tensed, your chest tightening as your mouth opened and closed, searching for something to say. "I don't-"

"No point denying it. Everyone knows about you." He let out a sharp laugh as your face fell, fixing in a stern glare. "Pretty little lady disappears the day before her wedding, it was bound to become popular gossip," he added, raising an eyebrow at him.

"I wouldn't have taken you for the gossiping type," you bit back at him, watching as he gave a small shrug.

"It was hard to miss." He was quiet for a moment, simply watching you as you shifted uncomfortable on the spot. "Go on then. What happened?"

"What?"

"Well, you must'a had a pretty good reason to go running off alone like that. Had a whole life set out for you and you threw it away to live in the woods?"

You shook your head slightly. "Do you know my betrothed?" you asked him, your voice softening  slightly. Sandor shook his head, lounging back on his elbows as he watched you, eyes fixed carefully on your face. "No, of course you don't. Well, would it surprise you to know that he was a prick?"

"All noble boys are pricks," Sandor snorted, drawing a chuckle out of you.

"Well, he was worse. I promise you." You paused for a moment, shaking your head. "He demanded that I follow him around the castle at all times. I wasn't allowed to speak unless he asked it of me. I wasn't allowed to be alone unless I was sleeping. I was his shadow for the month he stayed with us." 

Sandor raised an eyebrow at you. "Sounds like all the others." 

"I never wanted any of the others either, so that's probably where the issue started for me," you murmured, giving him a very rare smile. "I tried to persuade my father to call off the wedding, but he's always been a stubborn old bastard, and he claimed that I would be marrying him whether I wanted to or not."

"And so you took matters into your own hands?"

You nodded slightly. "Exactly. My brother got me out of the castle, but after that it was up to me to find my way."

"How long's it been now? Two months?" 

You nodded again, shifting to look at Sandor properly. "And I'm not going to let you take me back. Whatever they're offering you, I'll double it."

Sandor looked a little offended at your comment, his face scrunching up as he glanced over at you. "I don't want your money."

You released a disgusted scoff. "I thought you preferred you partners to be willing," you gritted out through your teeth, watching as he snorted again. 

"However lovely that offer may be: I don't intend on taking you home," he corrected, shaking his head as your entire body loosened. "Your business has nothing to do with me," he added.

You nodded slightly. "Thank you," you uttered, releasing a soft sigh. You were both quiet for a moment as Sandor's eyes roamed the clearing you had found for yourself, and your eyes roamed over his form. "How do you do it?"

Sandor glanced back to you, as though you'd knocked him out of a day dream. "Do what?"

You shrugged slightly, gesturing at his relaxed stance. "Travel alone without going mad?"

"I like being alone." 

You nodded, returning your gaze to the fire. "I wish I enjoyed being alone," you murmured.

Sandor released a deep sigh, one that sounded as though it had fought through his entire body to escape him. "If you want some company, I'm headed to Winterfell."

"I wasn't planning on heading North," you started softly, your lips pursing as you thought. "But I guess I can make it work."

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x