Jaime Lannister X Stark!Reader - Home

A/N - This imagine is based off of the song 'Home' by Machine Gun Kelly, Bebe Rexha and X Ambassadors. I'm pretty sure it was made for the Netflix original film Bright, but it's a damn good song. I hope you all enjoy it.

You were halfway out of the Red Keep when you heard him clear his throat, causing you to freeze on the spot, your eyes drifting closed. "Where are you going?" You had known that Jaime would notice your absence soon enough, but you hadn't expected it to be before you could even get out of the building. You hated to admit that you were somewhat impressed at his speed.

You turned to face him with a sad smile. "I'm just going for a walk," you answered him softly, hoping that he would just accept your lies and leave you be.

"You have a bag," he murmured, taking a few steps towards you and reaching out his hand for the bag you had hanging from your shoulder. "Don't do this, Y/N," he added quietly, causing you to bite down on your lip.

"I haven't got a choice; I need to go home." He looked hurt at your words, in the three years that you had been married you didn't think you had ever seen such sadness in his eyes.

"I thought this was your home now," he muttered softly and you shook your head, though the movement was so small you weren't sure he had seen it.

"No," you started. "My home will always be at Winterfell with Ned's family." You moved closer to him, running your fingers over his skin and feeling his stubble beneath the soft skin of your fingertips. "I'm sorry," you added, resting your forehead against his chest lightly.

"Please," he uttered quietly, his arms coming to rest around you as he pressed his lips to the top of your head.

"I can't stay here; not after what they did to him, I just can't," you told him, your voice wobbling slightly as you began to cry. "He was my brother, Jaime, and they murdered him." You were both quiet for a moment after that, both just clinging to each other as though you were scared of letting go. "He told me about you and Cersei, and I need you to be honest with me," you broke the silence and you felt him nod against you. "Were you ever with her when you were with me?"

"No." You closed your eyes for just a moment, leaning your body further into his. "I haven't been with her since I found out I would be marrying you."

You pulled away slightly, reaching up to cup his face in your hands and pulling him down to your lips. The kiss was the saddest the two of you had ever shared, full of the certainty of you leaving when it finished. "I love you, Jaime, but I have to leave."

"I don't want to lose you," he murmured and you let out a deep sigh.

"Then come with me," you uttered, watching as his eyes drifted shut. "You have nothing keeping you here and everything telling you to leave," you continued and he shook his head.

"My family is here."

It felt like a punch in the gut as you watched him frowning down at you. You nodded slightly. "Then you have to accept that I can't be with you," you muttered, breathing deeply as you stepped away from him. "I have to go, I'll write to you when I reach Winterfell." And just like that you disappeared from the door and out into the dark night.

*Time Skip*

"Seven Hells, Aunt Y/N, what are you doing here?" You felt the tears brim in your eyes as you threw your arms around Sansa, dragging her into a tight hug.

"I thought you were dead," you yelped, tightening your grip on her. "I thought I'd lost you," you continued, pulling back to hold her face in your hands. "What of Arya?"

"She's here, she returned a little after Jon left for Dragonstone," she uttered, pulling herself from your grip. "Come, she should be in her chambers," she continued, taking your hand and pulling you into the castle. You followed the halls for a few moments when you heard footsteps hurrying in your direction and saw Arya marching towards you.