Reader x Jaime Lannister - Cry Me A River

A/N- I wrote this imagine whilst listening to Julie London's version of 'Cry Me A River' because I fucking love the song and the way that she sings it, Plus it's really self-empowering.

"Who is next?" you sighed, flipping through the paper on the table in front of you before glancing up at the guard who shifted uncomfortably for a moment. "Spit it out, I don't have all day," you told him and he stilled, his frown still set onto his lips.

"Sir Jaime Lannister, M'Lady." Your brows knit together as the words registered and you nodded.

"I see," you answered him softly, "please escort him in," you continued, running your fingers through your hair and smoothing down the soft skirts of your dress. You forced a faux smile onto your lips, hoping to remain calm and collected for as long as possible.

As soon as he stepped through the door your eyes landed on him, and your plan flew out the window, taking your smile with it. His steps faltered slightly as he raised his eyes to look at you, and though he kept walking, his movements looked far more awkward than when he had entered the room.

"Good morning, My Lord," you spoke, your voice louder than you had planned, causing it to echo around the small stone-lined room. You winced slightly at the sound of your own voice, wishing you had more control over your own voice-box in a moment such as this one.

"Good morning, Y/N, I was hoping to speak to your father," he told you, gesturing to a seat and sitting when you nodded in response.

"That will not be possible," you muttered softly, tilting your head to the side to look at him. "My father died almost a year ago," you continued and he looked at you in confusion.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know," he stumbled over his words, stuttering quietly as his eyes continued to burn into your skin.

"You weren't supposed to," you told him with a small shrug, "my sister and I decided it would be safer to keep the crown out of our affairs, seeing as we had no male heir to take the house name."

"You should have contacted us," he murmured quietly, "I will have to report this to Cersei." You let out a snort of laughter at that, though it was anything but joyful as you stared at him in disgust. "She is my sister and the Queen, Y/N, you know I don't have a choice in the matter."

"I gave you a choice years ago, Jaime," you muttered softly to him, leaning your elbows on the wooden table, "but alas, you chose wrong."

Jaime frowned as he looked at you, "I can't abandon her," he told you.

"I was never asking you to do so." Yes, you had begged him to be with you, to marry you, but you had never even imagined leaving King's Landing at the time. But he had said no, and you had run back to your father with your tail tucked between your legs and tears in your eyes.

"You need to come to King's Landing and bend the knee to Cersei," he told you and you let out a bubble of laughter.

"I will not be swearing my house to your Sister, Jaime."

Jaime sighed, shifting in his seat so that he was a little closer to you, "Don't get yourself killed over your hatred for me," he begged, his hand reaching for yours but missing as you pulled it out of his way.

"This is not about you," you started, moving your hand to your lap, "we both know that your sister has no more a claim to the Iron Throne than I do. Besides, I have already sworn my loyalty to Queen Daenerys."

Jaime had his head in his hands before you could say another word. "Why would you do that?" he muttered quietly, more to himself than to you, but you answered him nonetheless.

"She is a powerful woman, Jaime, if I didn't join her she would destroy us eventually, I couldn't do that to my people."

He shook his head as he stared at you, "Cersei will come for you when she finds out, King's Landing is only a few days march away."

"If she finds out," you muttered softly, shifting in your seat slightly, "you don't have to tell her."

"I wont betray her trust like that," he started but you cut him off.

"Jaime, she doesn't love you, she is just trying to control you, why can't you see that?" There was a pain in your eyes, when he glanced over at you, which he had wished to never see again, the same look of sadness that had been there when he told you that he could never love you the way you loved him.

"I did love you, you know," he told you, and you felt your brows knit together as you continued to watch him, "I've missed you, always looking out for me."

"Fuck you," you growled back at him, though it held far less venom than you had intended to send his way.

"If you truly want me to leave and go back to her I will, but if you tell me that you still love me then I will stay here with you, I will leave her."

"That's not fair," you mumbled, "Of course I still love you, but I don't want you anymore, not after how you treated me."

"I never wanted to hurt you but if Cersei had known she would have killed you," he told you softly, moving from his seat to kneel beside you. "Marry me, I promise you that I will be better."

"You told me that love was for peasants, that we were never in love because that wasn't what noble people did." You stared down at him as you spoke, watching his face fall into a deep frown. "I will not marry you, but you can stay here for as long as you need to."

*Time Skip*

"Jaime," you cried, hurrying through the halls at a speed you had not moved at since you were a child. You banged on the door with such ferocity that it startled even you as you paced back and forth outside of his chambers. You were startled once again when he opened the door, his hair mussed as though he had just woken from a deep sleep.

"Y/N? What's the matter?" he grumbled, his eyes narrow as he watched you thrust a letter in his direction.

"It is from your sister, she claims that I have taken you prisoner and that I am to be arrested and charged with treason for my crime," you yelped, falling into his arms as he held them open for you.

"Let me write to her, I can explain," he told you softly, his hand moving to cup your face and his lips pressing against yours, "I am not losing you to her again."

You were confused as he pulled you into his chambers, leading you to the bed and smiling as you settled yourself on the end of it, your hands shaking as you gathered them in your lap. "She will think it was forged," you told him quietly, your voice weaker than either of you had ever heard it before.

"Then I will go to her and explain," he told you, more firmly, as he stalked over to his desk and began penning the letter to his sister.

"I should tell Queen Daenerys, she should know that I am to marry you before it happens," you muttered, more to yourself than to him and you watched his body stiffen as he turned to you.

"You're going to marry me?" he asked softly, moving ever closer to you and smiling wildly.

"If you will still have me," you muttered quietly, reaching a hand out to him as he came to kneel in front of you.

"I love you, and I want you to be my wife," he told you, smiling as you turned your head away to hide the blush that rose in your cheeks.

"Then I must also begin writing a letter," you chuckled lightly, reaching forward and running your hand over his hair, brushing it back out of his face before leaning down to kiss him.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. This money gives me the ability to continue writing in my spare time without having to worry about extra funds and will eventually help me to begin publishing my own works outside of my fanfiction. Follow the link: Ko-fi.com/S6S075KP to pledge money. The link is also available on my profile page and in the comments down below. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x