Sandor Clegane X Stark!Reader - Shining Light (Part Two)

A/N - This is a follow on chapter from "Sandor Clegane X Stark!Reader - Shining Light." I hope you all enjoy it.

You had wandered the courtyard, the morning the King was expected to leave the capital, with half of your family in tow. It seemed strange here now, the sound of carts and trunks all being shifted around on the cobblestone floors left the space deafeningly loud, and yet you couldn't bring yourself to leave, no matter how much your head ached from all the sound.

Winterfell would not feel the same without Lord Stark within it's walls. Of course, you expected Robb to do a wonderful job, leading your house, but it just wouldn't be the same. 

At some point, as you leant awkwardly against the wall of the stables, keeping out of everyones way and surveying the people milling around, you had caught the King's attention, drawing him over to where you stood. 

"Y/N," he started, giving a short nod as you stood, curtseying hurriedly and smiling. "My family don't travel lightly enough," he added, causing you to release a small chuckle.

"They have never been to the North, Your Grace. I assume, they didn't know what to pack for."

He laughed at that, a booming laugh that almost caused you to flinch away from him, wanting to shield your already aching ears. "Too right," he chuckled, "they'll know now though, won't they?" 

"Yes, Your Grace."

He was quiet for a moment, continuing to watch the people working on loading his family's belongings. "I do hope you'll take me up on my offer," he started quietly, "if ever there was anything the crown could do for you, you need only say it."

You nodded slightly, "It's a lovely offer, Your Grace, but-"

"No buts," he interrupted, reaching out to pat your shoulder and almost sending you stumbling forwards, "Your father was a close friend of mine, no child of his will ever want for anything."

"Thank you, Your Grace." 

He nodded, "I ought to find what's keeping them." He turned to you, a smile contorting his round face, "I assume I won't see you until my son's wedding to your cousin."

"Yes, I would think so," you uttered, managing to force a small smile. "I wish you safe travels, Your Grace."

He reached out, patting your shoulder once more, before heading off into the ever growing collection of people standing in the courtyard.

*Time Skip*

Sandor was stood by the door's into the Great Hall as the other were readying for travel. You smiled as you saw him, approaching slowly as your smile faded, your brows furrowing. 

"Shouldn't you be outside? The King seems to be in a hurry, I don't doubt he'll leave you behind." 

He smiled at your words, shaking his head slightly. "I'm not going anywhere."

"I don't understand," you told him softly, head tilted slightly to the side. You looked so pretty like this, focused and confused, but utterly beautiful.

"I'm staying in Winterfell. An agreement with the King and his new Hand." 

Your brow softened slightly, "how did you-"

"Your aunt wanted a new guard for herself and the boy. It wasn't hard to persuade the King to allow me to take the position." 

A smile bloomed on your face. "It seems we'll be seeing a lot more of each other, then."

"I'd hope so," he murmured, watching as you took a small step closer to him, your hand taking his. "You're the whole reason I decided to stay."

"Oh?"