Tyrell!Reader x Jaime Lannister - Afterglow

A/N- This is an imagine based on the song "Afterglow" by Wilkinson, please watch the video, because I think it is one of the best music videos of our time. I hope you all enjoy it.

You had your eyes closed as you swayed to the music echoing around the great hall, attempting to block out the voices that interrupted the sound. Your hands were gripping the arms of the chair you were perched on and you could feel the eyes of a thousand young lords on you, but in that moment you couldn't have cared less. You felt a smile come to your lips as the piece that was playing came to a loud and beautiful finish. As the room fell silent you allowed your eyes to open again and you glanced at the people who had been dancing just seconds before. Finding the love of a dashing knight had never been something that had bothered you, but you found that sitting as others danced had grown to irk you somewhat, and you wished for a handsome man to sweep you off your feet, just for the evening.

The band struck up another tune, but this time you kept your eyes open, watching the couples swirling around the dance floor, all smiling and laughing between themselves. You released a sigh, shifting in your seat to smile at your younger sister. "Are you sure you wouldn't like to dance with me?" you asked Margaery, watching as she smiled at you slightly.

"I can't, I have to wait for the prince," she told you softly, patting your hand slightly before returning her attention to the crowd. You let out another sigh, rolling your eyes at her before glancing back at the people dancing.

You were staring so intently that you didn't notice the man approaching you with a smile on his lips. "Is this seat taken?" he asked, gesturing at the empty chair beside you where your brother had been before he decided to go and mingle.

"No, by all means, take it," you told him, not looking away from the couples who all swayed in unison.

"Thank you," he responded quickly before sitting down beside you, his eyes following yours to the graceful display. "Do you like to dance?" he asked and you finally moved to look at him, giving him a soft smile.

"I adore it, though I was unfortunately cursed with two left feet," you told him, causing him to let out a chuckle. "My name's Y/N," you added and he took your hand in his, pressing his lips to the back and causing you cheeks to flush red.

"Jaime," he told you softly, and in that moment everything snapped into place.

"Oh, yes," you started, laughing awkwardly, "My sister will be marrying your Nephew," you told him and you saw his moment of confusion as he looked past you to Margaery.

"Y/N Tyrell, of course," he chuckled, glancing at the floor for a moment as though considering his next move. You continued to tap your foot to the music as he thought, barely paying attention to the man beside you as you allowed your eyes to drift back to the dancers. "Perhaps you would like to dance with me, My Lady," he finally spoke, causing you to look at him in surprise.

"Is that a good idea?" you asked him quietly, as he took your hand in his.

"Why wouldn't it be?"

"I will make a fool of myself, and you by association," you told him, shifting slightly in your seat as you continued to think about his proposition.

"I'm sure it will not be a problem, just do as everyone else does and I will not let you embarrass yourself." You smiled as he got to his feet, reaching out his hand and helping you up. You followed behind him as a ball of excited energy, almost shaking when you finally reached the edge of the dance floor.

You chuckled when he placed his hand on your hip, lifting your hand to his shoulder and taking a deep breath. He used his hand to shift you, turning you around and helping guide you around the dance floor, swirling between the other dancers.

Your heart was racing, and your mind going just as fast as you watched his face. There was something about him that had put you at ease almost instantly, though you weren't sure whether that was a good thing. He had a bad reputation, and you were almost certain that he would break your heart if you let him. He leaned closer to you, smiling brightly as he spoke, "are you enjoying yourself, My Lady?" he asked quietly and you nodded enthusiastically, continuing to follow his lead.

Soon enough you were panting for breath, tired from song after song, and Jaime led you back to your seats, giving you a small smile. "Thank you for that," you told him quietly, "I am used to sitting all night and it was a nice change," you added and he simply chuckled.

"A flower as beautiful as you should not be left sitting alone." He smiled as he spoke, and you couldn't help but smile back at him.

"You flatter me, Ser Jaime," you uttered back to him, aware of your sister sitting behind you, chuckling quietly to herself.

"Perhaps you would allow me to call on you come time," he started, drawing your attention back to him, "I know my way around King's Landing, I would be happy to give you a tour," he added and you nodded at his words.

"That would be lovely, thank you," you responded and he gave you a quick nod.

"I have guard duties in the morning, but I have thoroughly enjoyed our time together, My Lady," he spoke again before getting to his feet, giving a short bow and walking away from you. You were still in staring at where he had been when you heard Margaery squeal behind you.

"My goodness, he was completely captivated by you," she cried out, causing you to turn in your seat to look at her, your face red and flustered.

"He is handsome, isn't he?" you muttered and she chuckled as she nodded at you. You hadn't believed that you would become so childlike when faced with an attractive man, but it was as though Jaime had appeared and every single atom of your body had changed to match him. You hoped that you would be able to take him up on his offer of a tour before he could change his mind.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. This money gives me the ability to continue writing in my spare time without having to worry about extra funds and will eventually help me to begin publishing my own works outside of my fanfiction. Follow the link: Ko-fi.com/S6S075KP to pledge money. The link is also available on my profile page and in the comments down below. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x