Fem!Baratheon!Reader x Margaery Tyrell (Requested by alvarezsamy)

A/N- This imagine was written for alvarezsamy

"I know it is not tradition but neither is it tradition for a princess to inherit the throne." You grandfather had been preaching his newest idea to you for what seemed like hours, and though you would never have usually protested a match to a Tyrell, it seemed awfully strange that your marriage be to their eldest daughter rather than their son. "Lady Margaery has already agreed to the match."

"We could never have children," you answered him, confusion clear on your face as he shook his head.

"You are the Queen, you can legitimise any child you have out of wedlock." He was right, your brother had done it for the Bolton bastard before he had died, and there had been rumours of Lord Stark considering making his own bastard son into a legitimate one, though his wife never would have allowed it.

"The people will rebel," you continued, placing as many road blocks between yourself and the marriage as you possibly could. In all honesty, you had always found women alluring, and men had always seemed so dull, but you were a stickler for tradition, and the idea of actually marrying a woman, rather than just taking one in your bed, seemed rather sordid.

"And we will cut down their rebellions until they stop rebelling," he told you quietly, patting your hand with his own. "I will let Lord Tyrell know that the wedding will be going ahead."

"Why do you even bother to ask me if you will never let me come to my own decisions?" you muttered, glancing up at him as he paused mid-step, halfway between yourself and the door.

"I am your hand, Y/N, it is my job to force you to respond to requests in which ever way I believe is best." You chuckled at his words, gesturing for him to leave and shifting uncomfortably in your seat.

You had always been curious about Margaery Tyrell; she was without a doubt one of the most beautiful women in the Seven Kingdoms and she had the wit and determination to match it, but she was a high-born woman, and was, until now, off limits to your advances. You felt a small smile come to your lips as you considered the positives of marrying a woman and you realised quite quickly that you would be more than happy to see how the relationship unfolded.

*Time Skip*

"Good morning, Your Grace." Margaery spoke in a way that made a smile instantly come to your lips as you allowed your gaze to drift to where she was standing. She was truly stunning, wearing a gown than would make the ancestors turn in their graves, it was cut perfectly for her and showed her off to a degree just before inappropriate. You didn't mind her showing skin, it made you proud to show the men of the court what would soon be yours, though it had led to some of the most unsavoury comments you had ever received, and you had often had to remind some of the guards of your position of power over them.

"Good morning, Margaery." You paused for a moment, the two of you simply smiling at one another until you decided to break the silence, "are you to sit in on court today?"

She shook her head, though it seemed somewhat hesitant, "I was planning on enjoying the sunshine in the gardens whilst my grandmother is still in King's Landing, but I can join you in court if you would prefer."

"I wouldn't dream of spoiling your plans with Lady Olenna," you chuckled, "She has been such a comfort to me in some of the more trying times in the capital, it would only be right for her to enjoy her time here with you."

"Thank you, Your Grace," she answered quickly. She moved to leave but paused suddenly, looking back to you, "I was wondering if you would like to dine with me in my quarters this evening, it would be marvellous to get to know you before we are to be wed," she told you softly and you nodded.

"It would be my honour, My Lady." The smile she gave you almost stopped your heart, the sweetness of her face enough to cause you to stop breathing for a short moment. "You mustn't keep Lady Olenna waiting," you rushed out and she nodded softly before walking away and out of the great hall.

You continued to stare after her long after she had left the room, the doors shutting softly behind her and leaving you sitting silently. "You ought to know that you cannot trust her," your mother told you quietly, coming to sit beside you.

"You are far too paranoid," you murmured, lifting your tea to your lips and taking a long sip as you glanced at her. "Margaery is sweet, there is nothing more to it," you added, hearing her snort.

"Just, be careful, she may not be what she seems." You nodded softly, though you already intended on ignoring her advice. You were quite smitten with the girl you were to marry.

*Time Skip*

"I must admit, Your Grace, I was hesitant when I first heard of the marriage," Margaery told you quietly, smiling as she pushed some of the food around her plate.

"You weren't the only one," you answered quickly, giving her a small smile, "but my grandfather insisted, and I had heard that your Grandmother had done the same," you added.

She nodded, "Grandmother thought you would be a much better match for me than some stuck up old lord," she laughed, and you snorted slightly.

"Tell me about it, I was dreading picking a husband for myself, I'm glad to be marrying someone with more in common."

"Far more in common than most couples," she chuckled and you nodded.

"Exactly." You smiled, reaching forward and patting her hand, "I do hope that you will be happy, even though we will be unable to have children of our own," you added and she nodded softly.

"I have been content without children my whole life, Your Grace, I will be more than happy volunteering with the children in Fleabottom as I always have." You smiled at her, watching as her lips turned up, her eye narrowing slightly as she smiled.

"I cannot wait to marry you," you murmured, and you could see her eyes growing wet as she continued to smile at you, her hand turning over to link her fingers with yours.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. This money gives me the ability to continue writing in my spare time without having to worry about extra funds and will eventually help me to begin publishing my own works outside of my fanfiction. Follow the link: Ko-fi.com/S6S075KP to pledge money. The link is also available on my profile page and in the comments down below. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x