Roose Bolton X Stark!Reader (Requested by TwdGotSmoshMarvel)

A/N- This imagine is for TwdGotSmoshMarvel, but it got away from me a bit so isn't quite the love story I intended it to be. I hope you don't mind. Warning: There is a description of a minor panic attack in this, if that is likely to have a negative effect on you in any way then I suggest avoiding this imagine.

You would have defended Winterfell until your last breath, had you not been locked away in your chambers. Ever since Theon had returned you had spent your time attempting to undermine his authority, and soon enough he had decided that you were more trouble than you were worth, and so you found yourself trapped in your chambers, with him only visiting once a day to bring you food and to apologise. You had almost killed him when he had told you about your brothers, about the sick thing he had done to them. You were screeching as you launched yourself at him, clawing at his skin wherever you could find it, but soon enough he was gone and you were alone again, just weeping.

It had been three days since he had come to visit you last, and you were half starved, but it seemed you would be hungry for a lot longer. The only person who knew where you were was Theon, and from the banners which had been hung on the walls, he was no longer in command of Winterfell. Of course, you could recognise the banners yourself, it was hardly like the flayed man was a common choice of decoration among the Seven Kingdoms.

Another couple of days past before the bolt on the door slipped open, and the man you saw before you almost brought you to tears of joy. You had never met Roose before, but he wasn't Theon, and that was all that truly mattered. "Our prisoner only just remembered to remind us that you were here, My Lady," he told you, crossing the room as you looked up at him in shock. "Come, we will find you something to eat," he added, gesturing for you to move ahead of him. You were on your feet in seconds, almost afraid of disobeying this man.

"My name is Y/N," you told him quietly as you walked through the corridors towards the dining hall.

"Roose Bolton," he answered your unasked question, almost as though the thought of small talk brought him magnitudes of pain.

"And what brings you to my home?"

The corridor fell silent, and you watched as Roose glanced at you out of the corner of his eye. "We came to rid Winterfell of the Greyjoy boy, as you seemed incapable of doing so yourself."

"It's rather hard to stop a man from attacking you when you don't know that his intentions are to do so," you growled, "I'm sure you are aware, Lord Bolton, but Theon grew up here, he was like a brother to me; I could never have imagined that he would turn on us like this."

"Perhaps you need to broaden your imagination then." His words were so deadpan that you almost didn't recognise what he had said.

You took a deep breath, stopping in the middle of the hallway. "As the eldest living Stark, Winterfell is mine by right. We are thankful for your help in liberating our home but now I believe it is time you were leaving."

The laughter that answered you caught you off guard, and you span to see and younger man coming towards you. "I don't think you are in any position to tell us what to do," the man started.

Roose was practically growling as the boy came closer, "Ramsay," his word was a warning, but the boy didn't seem to hear it as he reached you.

"Now I understand what Reek was doing, keeping you all for himself." He lifted his hand, as though reaching for you, but Roose had quickly gotten a grip on his arm and yanked it away.

"Stop," he hissed, shoving him away from you and continuing down the hall, glancing back to check you had followed. You were so caught in your own thoughts that you hardly noticed when he led you into the dining hall, pulling out a seat for you at the table. "I apologise for Ramsay, he is not the most reserved boy."