Baratheon!Reader -Those were the days (Part 2)

A/N- Please go and read part one of this story before continuing on this page, otherwise most of this will make very little sense! Enjoy!

You had managed to avoid having any interaction with Daenerys since she had made her request of you, and in doing so had managed to remain as far from Theon as the Queen would allow you. But soon enough she had grown tired of the childish behaviour you had been displaying and had found her way into your chambers, sitting opposite you at the oak table which you had used for your correspondents whilst on the throne.

"You have yet to speak with Theon," she told you, watching as you frowned at her words, shaking your head.

"And I do not intend to," you answered her softly, reaching for the cup of wine you had poured just moments before until she pulled it out of your reach.

She let out a soft sigh, "he is a changed man," she started causing you to scoff.

You shifted forward, taking the cup from her hand and bringing it to your lips to take a small sip. "I thought the same thing when we were young, but he was a liar then and I have no doubt that he is a liar now," you murmured, your tongue darting out to drift over your lips as you placed the cup back down. "You don't know him, you think you do, and so did I. I was wrong, and I hate to say it but so are you."

"There is more to this than you have been telling me." It was more of a knowing comment than a question, and you had known that she would work it out soon enough, but it still caused your breath to catch in your throat as you attempted to calm yourself.

You shrugged slightly, "young love gone awry," you muttered, your tongue running over your teeth as you considered what to say, "it is nothing worth mentioning."

"Then there is no issue and you will accept his proposal," she told you, and you shook your head. "Tell me what happened."

You released a shaking breath, pushing back your chair to get to your feet and pacing across the room for a moment, dragging a book from the shelf to pull it open, revealing the middle, which was missing. You reached inside, pulling out a handful of bound notes and throwing them down onto the table in front of the Queen. She reached out for them, straightening out the creases as her eyes ran over the writing. "He told me he loved me," you bit out, "and then he went to war, and a few weeks later I got a note to apologise for his infidelity."

You paused for a moment and Dany glanced up at you, "you don't have to say any more," she started but you shook your head.

"No, you wanted to hear this, you're going to endure it with me." You took another deep breath, "he kept writing and soon enough I had to ask Robb to make him stop because every single letter I received made me feel sick." You paced back to your chair, slumping down into it. "And then after a while I decided to visit with Robb, I needed a friendly face and he needed support, but whilst I was on the road I heard of Theon attacking Winterfell and then what Joffrey did to Robb and Lady Stark. I didn't know what to do so I hid, and I didn't stop hiding for years. I spent years of my life hidden from the world, as you did, because of him." She was fiddling with her fingers as she watched you. "How would you feel about being made to marry a man who took years of your life from you?"

"Y/N," she started quietly, "I didn't know," she continued, but you simply shook your head.

"No one knew," you told her softly, "Lord Stark wanted us to remain quiet about our request to be wed until he had spoken with my Father about it. By the sounds of it he never even got a chance." The room had fallen silent as you shifted in your seat, staring down at your hands for a moment as you steadied your breathing. A knock on the door caused you to jump, and your eyes locked on a nervous looking Daenerys, who quickly got to her feet and crossed the room to the door.