Gendry Waters X Reader - Beautiful People

A/N- This imagine is based on the song Beautiful People by Ed Sheeran (FT. Khalid). It's a little short but I hope you all enjoy it.

The celebration you were at had already grown tiresome. You had spent so much of the last hour clinging to Gendry's hand and half-listening to his conversations with the Lords and Ladies whose houses you had only ever heard stories of as a child. They all seemed to lack any interest in you, so caught up in the new Lord of Storm's End to truly care about the less-than-perfect woman on his arm. 

You had met Gendry when you were both thirteen and by your fourteenth birthday, he had already promised to marry you. After your sixteenth birthday, he had kept his promise and made you his wife. And now, at twenty-two years old, you had become the Lady of Storm's End. 

As one conversation drew to an end, you tightened your grip on your husband's hand, tucking yourself closer to his side. You felt his entire body relax as he turned to you, leaning down to press his lips to yours, ever so softly.

"Are you having fun?" You almost snorted at his question.

You shook your head slightly, leaning up slightly to whisper in his ear. "These people are too beautiful for us."

Gendry's brow furrowed as he glanced around you both, his eyes roaming the crowd. "You are more beautiful than every other woman in this room," he uttered, pressing another gentle kiss to your lips and allowing his fingers to linger on your cheek for a moment.

"That isn't what I mean," you started, pausing for a moment as another Lord hurried over to take Gendry's hand in his before excusing himself just as quickly, causing you to release a small choked laugh. "These people live a life we have never known, Darling. They have foods that are purely for decorating instead of eating, and rooms in their homes that are practically empty. They can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and they have never seen the consequences." You stopped again, leaning up and taking Gendry's face in your hands. "Everything they do is to prove themselves worthy of the people around them. And they don't truly care about anything other than what they can gain from them: money, connections, allies. Promise me we won't become these people."

"I promise," he told you softly, chuckling when you grinned up at him and pulled him into a long, drawn-out kiss. 

"Good," you continued, finally taking your hands from his face and linking your fingers with his instead. "I can't stand the idea of our child growing up like these spoilt brats."

Gendry's face turned to confusion once more, until you drew one of his hands to your stomach, placing it flat against the soft velvet of your dress. He glanced down at your hands for a moment, before suddenly lifting his head to stare into your eyes.

"Are you-" he started softly, pausing as he struggled to find the words. "Are we-" you chuckled at his attempts, nodding your answer.

"We're having a baby."

His arms were around you before you could even register what was happening, his fingers splaying out across your spine as he pressed his face into your collar bone. 

You could hear a few of the men around you muttering about the display of affection, and a small smirk came to your lips. Already, Gendry was keeping his promise to you.

You lifted your hand, running it over the stubble on the top of his head. "I think," you uttered as Gendry shifted back to look at you, his eyes filled with tears, "that we are making quite the scene."

He laughed, glancing around him for a moment, before taking your chin and pulling you in for another kiss. "Then we ought to give them something worth watching."

A loud laugh bubbled out of your throat as he pulled you closer to him, his hand moving to rest on your hip as he swayed you both to the music that was echoing around the room. A few of the people around you stepped out of the way as his movements became more erratic, bumping into a few when they attempted to stand their ground. 

You continued to chuckle as your movements slowed, standing as close to Gendry as you could get and feeling his lips pressed against your forehead. 

"I think we should leave, Darling," you told him softly, craning your neck to glance up at him.

He nodded slightly, "I agree, I do believe we are making the beautiful people rather uncomfortable."

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x