VII

A fist full of cash that somebody else earned
They sent me some more when it all got burned
I wanna' take control, I wanna' make it all mine
            ~ The Goo Goo Dolls, Eyes Wide Open

I'm not as nervous as I was last night when I approach the band. They're either on their phones or talking amongst each other. Kyle is the first one to see me and the smile on his face makes my heart flutter.

"Hey, it's the quiet girl!" He nudges his brother, Devon, who's on the phone. Devon glances at me and gives me a quick wave before turning his back and continuing on with his conversation. By the look on his face, it's important.

"Quiet girl?" Olivia has a puzzled look on her face as Kyle practically runs over to us. He reminds me a lot of Marcus, just so full of life and easy going.

"She was too shy to talk to us last night and kept blushing. I don't think I've ever seen a fan so quiet before." His laugh is contagious, and I can't help but join in with him.

"Well, you better get used to them," Olivia says before turning her attention to the rest of the band, "I have an announcement."

The band looks reluctant to follow their manager's request. Soon, they start to make their way over. Devon is the last one of the group and doesn't seem to be impressed with having to end his phone call.

"This better be important, Caroline and I were having a... discussion." Devon trails off once he notices me. I have a feeling he isn't comfortable disclosing the information in front of me.

"What is she doing here?" A voice of disinterest breaks in, the owner of that voice no other than Erik.

"Band, meet your new social media manager, Avril Lexington. Go easy on her." With that, Olivia walks back into the hotel.

"So, does that mean we don't have to have her following us around on tour anymore?" Lucas's brown eyes light up as he watches his manager walk away, "please tell me that's the case."

"No, she just won't be travelling with us to every after party. That's now Avril's job." Scarlett eyes me, looking me up and down, "it'll be nice to have another girl on the tour that's around my age and not a groupie."

"I'm happy to be joining you guys, this is a big risk for me." I rub my neck nervously as I cast my eyes down. I don't want to make eye contact, nor do I want them to know how I got here. To them, I'll seem like a spoiled trust fund child not happy with mommy and daddy.

They didn't name the band Fallen Angels just because they thought it was cool, each of them has a story that contributes to the band, but the band has never said what the stories are. They have only ever given out that growing up wasn't easy for them.

I think fans like it because it adds to the mystery of the band.

"Oh really? Do tell." Kyle has seemed to take an interest in me, his gaze is full of wonder.

"Maybe some other time. Shouldn't we be leaving soon?"

I follow the band onto the beaten up old bus. The seats are old, and some have rips in them or stains. The kitchen is small and cluttered with different food products. The table is covered in notebooks and paper.

"Lucky for you there is one extra bunk on this bus." Kyle bumps my shoulder as he heads to the breakfast nook.

"This bus?"

"There's an RV that follows that has a couple roadies and Olivia on it. Oh, and we can't forget our trusty photographer." Scarlett comes up from behind me and slides in across from Kyle, "has Olivia given you all the information for our social media accounts?"