XVIII

Why'd you have to go and make things so complicated?
I see the way you're actin' like you're somebody else
~ Avril Lavgine, Complicated

"So remind me again what I'm supposed to do? Like I just look at the camera and answer messages fans have and all of this is live?" Lucas asks for the tenth time as we set up the camera and make sure that Lucas is centred in the middle of the couch. I brush a few strands of his messy hair out of the way and take a step back before completely restyling the mess.

"Yes, any more questions? We go live in ten." I walk back behind the camera Liam is currently using and log onto the twitter account so I can follow along with Lucas during the live video.

Liam starts the countdown from ten and once he hits zero I turn the live stream on for Lucas, "hello world, I'm Lucas as most of you should know. I'm here to answer a few questions for you guys and just connect with fans. I'll be live for the next for.....?"

I mouth thirty minutes to Lucas, "no fucking way is this going on for thirty minutes. Guys, save me."

I roll my eyes at how dramatic Lucas is, he and Kyle have very similar personalities. I mouth to him to look at the screen, which will show if any fans are commenting.

"Wow, we only have three hundred people viewing. Good Job Avril, you suck." I give Lucas the middle finger as I log onto Twitter quickly and do yet another post about the live stream on Twitter.

"Avril! This is dumb, barely anyone is watching and you said this would help us." I throw one of the pillows sitting beside me we took off the couch to make the backdrop look somewhat decent. It hits him square in the face.

"Are we throwing things at Lucas? That's my favourite hobby." Scarlett climbs on the bus as the pillow hits poor, sassy Lucas in the face.

"No, this isn't beat up Lucas day." He sends both of us dirty looks before looking at the camera, "if anyone is watching, just know Scarlett is the biggest meanie."

"Move over dweeb." Scarlett gives Lucas a hard shove to move over, "oh wow we have a thousand people viewing your dumb face."

"Don't even try to be nice." Lucas pouts at Scarlett as she scrolls through the comments.

"Hello to everyone that has tuned in, what do you guys want to know about us?" Scarlett gives a dazzling smile to the camera before turning back to the laptop to look for questions, "okay, so one question is asking where the rest of the band is."

"I'll take this one, so Kyle is out with Devon and Devon's family to look at beautiful Atlanta before the show. Scarlett, where is Erik?" Lucas looks puzzled at the last part of the question.

"Uh, Avril?" Scarlett deflects the question to me, both with the same lost looks on their faces as they try to think where their bandmate is.

"I don't know."

"Okay... next question, who is Avril?" Lucas reads off before laughing, "Avril is the one who runs all our media accounts for the band and she is also a huge fan of us. Can we get the camera to look at Avril, Avril wave."

My face turns red as the camera pivots towards me, "stop, I look like shit."

I had done only a bit of makeup and I only had a simple pair of athletic shorts and a random band hoodie, I truly did look like shit.

"You look like a hottie." Scarlett winks at me, I shake my head at her before giving a wave to the camera.

"So, that's Avril. She's my favourite girl." Lucas chuckles, but Scarlett sends her fist into his shoulder causing a dirty look to take over his face, "crazy, stupid bitch."

"Someone wants to hear you sing Scarlett, oh why do our fans hate us?" This time Lucas is quick to abandon the couch and hit the floor before Scarlett can hit them. Here are these two twenty-five year old and twenty-seven year olds fighting like they are seven.

"We will be holding an audition for a new guitarist if anyone is interested." Scarlett sends a cheeky smile at the camera before muttering to me, "what do I sing?"

"How about some Avril Lavigne, you do remind me of her." I offer to Scarlett. Today she is dressed in a black skirt and ripped fishnets with a white tank top with holes in it.

"That is the nicest thing someone has ever said to me." Scarlett holds her hand above her heart before clearing her throat and starting the chorus of Complicated.

"Holy crap Scarlett you're amazing!" I glance to see the comments blowing up and hearts all over the screen.

"You really think so?" I can see the blush on her cheeks as it contrasts with the dark, heavy eyeliner surrounding her eyes.

"Look at the comments." I smile at her as a huge grin overtakes her face. She reminds me of a kid on Christmas morning.

"Where has my lovely cousin been hiding the family pipes?" Erik, Devon, and Kyle all step into the crowded space, "why is Lucas on the floor?"

"Because you have a violent cousin. Say hi to our fans guys." Lucas climbs back onto the couch and beside Scarlett, but gives her a wary look before doing so.

"Oooh, I want in on this." Kyle rushes over to the couch and takes the seat beside Lucas while Erik and Devon take the armrests of the couch.

"This isn't as comfy as it looks," Devon whines as he shifts, trying to get comfortable.

"Ladybird__45u wants to know when we will be releasing a new song, well we are waiting on Erik our songwriter

for new lyrics." The band throws glances at Erik, waiting for him to say something.

"It's a work in progress, but you guys won't be disappointed." I see the glimpse of a worry in his eyes, but that's soon replaced with his cold, sarcastic demeanour.

They spend the remaining time answering questions and goofing off with each other, many jokes thrown back and forth.

"Guys look at the last comment." I stare in astoundment at the comment from The Vans Warped Tour.

You guys are amazing

"Holy crap!" The whole room breaks into a cheer and the band goes into a group hug.

Liam stops the live feed and begins to clean up without any prompts from me or the band.

"They told us we are amazing," Scarlett whispers as the five of them have dazed looks on their faces.

I smile at them as I sit down at the table and look at the inbox on Instagram. I start to scroll through them and all the fanmail, trying to respond to some, but one message stops me in my tracks, "guys come here."

They all huddle around me as I move out of the way to show them the message from The Vans Warped Tour official Instagram account.

Devon reads aloud for us, "Dear Fallen Angels, usually we wouldn't contact a band through their Instagram, but after following your band on tour and seeing your growth we would love to get in contact with your manager..."

"Fucking right!" Erik shouts and hugs me from behind, I turn my head to look at him but that only gives him the opportunity to kiss me square on the lips which he takes and stuns the room to silence.

Edited by GirlReader133