XXIX

Your silence will not protect you ~ Audre Lorde

There has always been something magical about turning nothing into something, whether it be some colours or a whole music video. The way a little bit of Hollywood magic can turn a little video into a story.

Or maybe it's watching people who have sacrificed so much finally start to get their dreams.

Erik looks magnificent in black ripped jeans with black paint on his face as he moves around the makeshift stage. The way the oil one of the interns applied beforehand catches the light perfectly, showing off his defined body. His piercings reflect the light as he moves his head, losing himself in the song.

I've always had a love for watching people do what they love, whether it's family or friends or even a complete stranger. There is just something so special about watching someone be in an element they love and thrive in. The way they have a look of contentment and peace etched into their skin.

All of them on the stage share the same look; that look of pure bliss.

I move the camera off my chest and start to take pictures of each of them as they pour their hearts out.

I move around the crew, always looking for the next best shot, sometimes having to climb on chairs and tables to get the perfect lighting.

I kneel beside a camera as it focuses on Scarlett. Her blue curls bounce against her shoulders as she moves her body with the rhythm she's strumming. Her black tank top shows enough side boob to make any guy happy and you can see her piercing through the black material regardless of the loose muscle shirt.

Scarlett catches my eye as I snap a few more photos and sends me a playful wink as the camera moves off of her.

I spend the rest of the time moving between the cameras and eventually moving to the makeshift backstage to get shots of Devon who I had yet to get a good photo of.

Again I try to move to get better photos without the camera catching me.

I did not need to be yelled at by the director, he's already yelled at some poor girl for his ice water being room temperature.

I could only imagine how pissed off he would be if I got caught by one of the cameras.

I probably would be banned from the set.

"Cut! Let's move on to the next scene!" The director yells from his chair behind the cameras and waves at the stage crew to start setting up for the next scene for the day. The guys are pulled off the stage for a clothing change while Scarlett is shoved into a chair surrounded by tables of makeup.

"Why aren't you changing?" I ask Scarlett as I sit in the chair across from her. The one lady with a thick accent scrubs the makeup from Scarlett's eyelids, leaving bright red skin.

I cringe as the intern applies liquid eyeliner with a shaky hand as the older woman with the accent barks orders at her.

"Next scene doesn't call for me and I'm pretty sure I'm done for the rest of the day, but Matilda here does an amazing job with dramatic looks." The older woman who now has a name gives me a side wave as she starts to prime Scar's eyelids.

I get up and leave to see what everyone else is doing. You think being on set would be fun, but there really isn't a lot for me to do.

"We want to get the cover video done tonight." I overhear the director say as he talks to some of his assistants. I glance at my phone to see the time; it's already 2 in the afternoon.

We are going to be here all night.

I groan in annoyance and try to find Erik.

I wander through the the chaos that is filming and see him sitting in a makeshift lounge with a can of Redbull in his hands.

Won't drink alcohol but will drink a substance that causes your heart to race, smart.

"You bitch!" I hear someone yell before my forearm is yanked on, "you got me fired!"

I don't even need to look to know who is gripping my arm like a python.

Liam.

"Let go." I try to put as much venom in my words as I can as I try to yank my arm free, but it only causes Liam's grip to tighten.

I can see the laziness in his eyes, telling me he is drunk.

"Liam, I didn't do shit to you." I glare at him as he yanks on my arm again.

"You dumb slut got me fired! Told them a bunch of lies about me! You're a whore and you loved it!"

My body reacts to his words before my mind can even process what he said.

I know as soon as my hand connects with his cheek that if he wasn't angry before he is now.

I stare in shock at the red print on his cheek.

"YOU BITCH!" Liam roars and lunges for me, but he's not able to touch me.

Erik puts himself between the two of us. He towers over Liam. You think that would cause Liam to back down, but if anything it lights a new flame in the anger buried in Liam.

"Touch her and you'll pay for it. You know what, touch any women after they said NO I will hurt you." Erik gives Liam a shove and eyes him down.

"Why the fuck would you protect a whore?" I cringe at Liam's words, never have I been called a whore.

Erik doesn't respond to him but instead waves security over.

"If I ever see you near her again, ever look at her again I'll do a lot worse than a slap." Erik leads me away and has me sit down in the seat he was occupying before me.

"Why did you stand up for me?" I mutter as I clutch my wrist to my body.

"I was raised to never hurt a woman or let a woman feel in danger." He pulls his phone out and sends a quick text, I don't ask to who.

Not my place.

"Thank you." I smile softly at him as he grabs a few cans of Redbull from the mini fridge and places my wrist between the two.

"This will probably bruise, I'm sorry. I should have been there sooner."

"What matters is you were there when it mattered." I try not to dwell on Liam's words but they seemed to have buried in my brain and made a nest.

"You are nothing like he said you are." Erik tries to reassure me, but I can't listen to him, the damage has been done.

I give Erik a tight lipped smile, hoping it's enough for him to leave the subject alone, a subject I would love to forget.

"Why didn't you tell me he was harassing you?" I raise an eyebrow at Erik.

"You're telling me you didn't see him harassing me all the time?"

Erik shakes his head in shame and rests his head on my lap from his kneeling position. I rest my hand that isn't throbbing on top of his head and run my fingers through his hair.

"I'm so sorry baby." He mumbles into my lap.

I know he is, but sorry doesn't fix anything, especially when you don't have anything to be sorry for.

Edited by GirlReader133