XXIV

And you dream about palm trees kissing you goodnight
And I know you've got a thing for the big bright lights
~ SWMRS, Palm Trees

"Wake up," someone whispers as my shoulder is violently shaken.

I groan in response and turn over, attempting to block whoever the hell is trying to wake me up.

I swear to god, if they keep it up I will hit someone.

"Fuck off," I mutter as the person keeps shaking my shoulder.

"Ray, get up." Erik.

He's the one trying to wake me up.

Well, he can go fuck himself.

"Babe, you're talking out loud." I can practically hear the smirk.

"You aren't going to let me sleep, are you?" I turn back over to look at him, but it is nearly impossible to see him except for the little exit light near the roof hatch.

"No, I told you I wanted to take you somewhere and now we are in Orlando. Let's go." I groan in annoyance, but slip out of the warmth and comfort of my bunk.

"What do I wear?" I whisper to Erik as I look down at my checkered bottoms and tank top.

"Dress warmly." Is the only tip he gives me before heading to the front of the bus.

"Damn boy, waking me up at who knows when," I mutter under my breath as I shimmy into the pair of jeans I had worn yesterday and grab a discarded hoodie from Erik's bed before groggily walking into the living area.

Erik is standing beside the coffee pot with two travel mugs beside him and the glow of his phone lighting his face up.

"What are you doing?" I mumble as I rest my head against his shoulder.

"Looking at your latest work on Twitter and boy do you know how to make us look good, but what is this surprise video about?" Erik shows me the tweet I had posted less than two hours ago.

"I don't know, Olivia forwarded me an email from your producer with a message they wanted to be posted." I yawn. I eye the coffee before looking at Erik. He seems to notice me looking at the coffee and hands me a travel mug.

"I made it just how you like it, unsweetened with a bit of cream." As soon as I feel the caffeine hit my tongue it's like an instant wake up call. As if someone has revived my lifeless body.

"So, where are we going?" I question Erik, who slips his phone into his pocket and takes a drink from his travel mug.

"It's a surprise, but the ride will be short don't worry." He kisses my forehead before shrugging a backpack over his shoulder.

I follow behind him and shove my feet into a pair of vans that Scarlett picked out - my very first pair.

"Do I need a coat?" I whisper as Erik opens the door and lets a cold breeze in.

He takes a look at me and a rather large smirk creeps onto his face, "is that my hoodie?"

I blush at his comment, "I was hoping you wouldn't notice."

"I will always notice what you're wearing." He kisses my hand as he gazes at me, "I almost don't want to show you the spot and would rather just fuck you in the back of the bus."

I stare at him with my mouth wide open and give him a large push which causes him to laugh, "baby you can't push me around."

He's right but I'm not admitting to that.