XXXVIII

I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you
'Cause I'll forget but I'll never forgive you
Don't you know, don't you know?
True friends stab you in the front
~ Bring Me The Horizon, True Friends

Life has a funny way of expressing itself.

For some it deals cards of happiness and joy, but for others it deals the cards of sadness and destruction.

Scarlett never returned home, but had been left with Adam when Lucas found them.

Erik didn't talk to me, he just went to his room and closed the door; last night was the first night since we landed in LA that we didn't share a room.

Isla, dealt a deal of cards that could have killed her or ended with her in the bed of a stranger.

"Can I come with you?" I look up at Kyle as he stands above my bed, staring down at me.

I barely slept with the events of last night playing on an endless loop of misery.

"Where?" I sit up in bed as I have been laying in the same position for the last three hours, running through every scenario of what could have happened to Isla.

"The hospital, you said last night in the car you were going to go, I want to come." I raise an eyebrow Kyle.

Does this boy care for a woman he met last night?

"Let me take a shower and then we can go." Kyle nods his head furiously and darts out of my room, leaving me in my thoughts once again.

I wonder if he's up yet? He's never one to lie around unless he is waiting for me to wake up, but that won't be the case today.

I wonder if he had trouble sleeping too?

Maybe he's already up and writing music on the back porch.

Maybe he's sitting at the breakfast nook with two cups of coffee waiting for me.

I sigh and push the covers off my body, he probably is not waiting for me.

Not after the look he gave me last night.

I grab a random pair of jeans and a white tee shirt before heading towards the bathroom, only for Erik to step out with steam filling the hallway.

He takes one look at me before walking past me without a word.

So this is what it has come to?

I try to brush off the interaction, but I can't.

The whole bathroom smells like him; his body wash fills the room alone with the cologne he always wears.

I take a deep breath, trying to settle myself, but all it does is make me miss him more.

I try not to think about him and the fact that he is just down the hall from me or the fact that I may have lost him.

All thanks to his manipulative cousin.

As the water hits my skin I'm left thinking about Erik and the look he gave me last night when he left the club.

I rest my head against the white tile, letting the water hit my back.

I should have told him after we had the idea to make that music video which Scarlett wanted to release on their first show back on tour.

I hope that still isn't the case, I will pay her double what it costed her to make that video not to release it.

"Avril! Hurry up; I want to go to the hospital and your slow ass is killing the turtles!" I can hear Kyle yell from the other side of the door.

I quickly wash my hair before stepping out and wrapping myself in a towel.