XLVII

Will we be the same, or be in different chapters?
We only got one chance before it's all over
Under the moonlight I want you to hold on
We're gonna remember, remember this moment
~ We Came As Romans, Memories

The night was easy, full of laughter and congratulations.

The release of the music video for Me Against the Devil and the cover of Rockstar was hit with a huge amount of praise and adoration. The music video had lived up to the hype of the song and many fans were predicting that this could be the rock song of the year.

When the countdown for the video release began we all had signed onto different social media accounts with Olivia being there to upload the two.

The band's Twitter account was filled with responses to the two videos.

I left the boys to soak in their hard work and glory, retreating to see Isla who was on her phone, "what are you doing? Why aren't you standing with Kyle?"

"Fuck, you're scared me." Isla is quick to shove her phone behind her back, "why would I be with Kyle?"

"I thought there was something going on between the two of you, but I could be wrong. I just heard from a little birdy that he was interested in you." Her eyes light up and cheeks flush at the mention of Kyle, "so, I'm right? You do like him? Were you sending him a sexy message?"

Once again her cheeks flame red, "something like that."

I raise my eyebrow her, but don't push her. It's her business and not mine, plus if she wanted to tell me she would have by now.

"C'mon, let's join the boys." I take her wrist gently and lead the way through the crowded living room.

If they think I'm cleaning this tomorrow, they will surely be disappointed.

I'll be out shopping with Isla for my new place.

Thank god Will sold the house.

"Look they are dressed as yin and yang." I roll my eyes at Lucas as we stop in front of the group. Lucas gives me a cheeky smile in response.

I look at Isla to see her already looking at Kyle.

Maybe she needs a little push.

"But Isla is definitely the hottest girl here and I would be the yin or yang to her any day." I wrap my arm around her shoulders and press our heads against each other.

"You're so weird." Lucas gives me a distasteful look before looking at Kyle, "better save her before she turns into Avril."

"Well isn't that just rude, tons of people love me." I look over at Erik who's looking down on his phone, but when he feels my eyes on him, his eyes meet mine.

I give him a quick smirk before focusing my attention on the rest of the group.

"Well this has been fun, but I think Caroline and I are going to head out." Devon wraps his arm around a yawning Caroline.

"Congrats guys on the release of the video, all your hard work is starting to pay off." Caroline gives each of us of a hug as does Devon.

"Do you want to dance?" Kyle asks, looking right at Isla, "I mean you don't have to, I just think it may be fun. I don't know."

I listen to Kyle ramble on about dancing and how its better than standing with us talking.

"I would like that." Kyle takes Isla's hand and leads her to the area where people have started to dance.