LXXXIII

Doesn't take her long to make things right
But does it make her wrong to have the time of her life
~ Theory Of A Deadman, Bad Girlfriend

Having my brother with us is something I didn't expect to happen, but him gravitating towards Lucas is something I should have expected.

"Do you think their date is going well?" I question as I peer out the window of the bus, waiting for them to walk up together.

They have been gone for over three hours and the sun is beginning to set, meaning we will be leaving soon.

As soon as the show had ended, Lucas was running off the stage towards my brother.

I have never seen either of them act like that, especially Marcus who is always cool and collected guy. With Lucas he is a complete mess, stumbling over his words and blushing.

I don't think I have ever seen Marcus blush before.

"Would you get down." Erik swats at me as he walks by, "do you not remember what Devon said? If he finds us on the table one more time he's shaving your head."

"You're the one that insists on doing it on the table so why I am getting my head shaved?"

Erik just shrugs his shoulders like he doesn't have an answer for me, "seriously stop looking out the window, you look creepy as hell. They'll prob get a hotel room for the night and then meet us at the show tomorrow."

"I'm curious."

"You don't say." Erik scoffs at me, "why don't we join Kyle, Devon and Isla outside?"

"Fine," I mumble as I get off of the table and grab a hoodie from Erik's bed.

Devon and Kyle are off on the side smoking while Isla is curled up in a lawn chair on her phone.

"Hey," I say as I sit in the chair beside her as Erik goes to join the other two for a smoke.

"Hi," Isla's voice is soft and wavering like she's trying not to cry.

"What's wrong?" I question.

Usually, Isla is full of life and laughing with everyone, but these last two weeks she's been quiet and kept to herself, even being moody with us at times.

"Nothing." Isla is quick to answer.

"Cut the crap Isla, I know something is wrong."

I know I should be sensitive with her as she may be going through something rough, but I've tried that with her over the last few weeks and it's gotten me nowhere with her.

She seems a little taken back by my tone but is quick to regain her composure.

"There's nothing to say."

"Then why are you being such a bitch?"

"That's ironic coming from you."

"When have I been a fucking bitch to you? I was nice to you from the day we met, from that fucking Halloween party. I was the one who talked to you out of moving home when you were so freaked out that night, you thanked me for saving your life because you didn't know what would have happened. I have never been a bitch to you, I've always been there for you."

Isla sits there quietly with her jaw locked, her fiery red curls framing her face.

"You want to know what happened?" Isla questions, "I found out that my grandmother is dying."

"I'm sorry Isla," before I can continue with what I was going to say she cuts me off.

"So I when I found out, I got drunk and cheated on Kyle."