LXXV

What have I gotten into this time around
I know that I had sworn I'd never trust
Anyone again but I didn't have to
You had me at hello
~ A Day to Remember, You Had Me At Hello

Sitting on the beach with a hot chocolate, my head on Erik's shoulder, and a ring on my finger is something I would never have thought of.

After Will, I never thought I would be in another relationship let alone engaged.

I thought I would be single for the rest of my life, but here we are.

These last nine months have been a lifetime in such a short time.

We have created a new life within ourselves and have grown so much as individuals, something I am looking to do more of in the future.

"Want to head back soon? We are probably leaving within the next two hours." Erik softly speaks to me as he tucks a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Just a few more minutes, I want to enjoy this." I smile, listening to the ocean crash against the shore.

In Boston, Kai and I would walk along the harbour just so we could be near the water. That was something we could always share, something that has always kept us connected and well grounded.

Something that reminds me of her no matter where we are in this world.

Kai and Marcus for the longest time were the only family I had, but that all changed the minute I met Erik and ever since then my family has been growing.

"I wish we could have gotten more time to visit the city, I have never been to San Francisco. It seems like a beautiful city, so full of art and culture." I say finally, knowing my time here is coming to an end.

Soon I'll be back on the bus driving to some new city I have never been to, meeting new people.

The first two shows have gone great with no problems and hopefully, the rest of the final cross country tour will too.

"We can come back another time Ray and do whatever you want. We can see Alcatraz if you want, ride the trolley carts, eat pizza, anything that will make you happy." I smile at Erik.

"We could do none of that and never come back and I would still be happy."

This time Erik smiles at me before pressing his lips to mine, being soft and gentle as he caresses my face with his hand while his other arm wraps around my waist for support.

He deepens the kiss slightly as I reach up to run my fingers through his hair, totally forgetting where we are.

He's just so intoxicating.

"Okay, we need to stop, too many children." I pull away as Erik starts moving towards my neck, "and I need to breathe."

"I don't see no fucking children." Erik looks around before looking back at me with a smirk, "you can't be out of breath already. This is light compared to what we are used to."

"Some days I wish you had a filter." I roll my eyes, standing up to brush the sand off of me.

The worst part of the beach, expect my skin feels so smooth after.

So I guess that's a positive to a rather negative thing.

"No, you don't. Are we leaving now?" Erik questions as he gets to his feet and follows suit, rubbing the sand from his legs.

"Yeah, I want to get some food before we leave."

"What are you thinking?" Erik throws his arm gently across my shoulders as we trudge back to the road and away from the ocean.

I look back at the blue waves and the calmness projected off the water.

"You really have a thing for water huh?" Erik questions as he looks down at me.

"It was something Kai and I always found comfort in." I shrug my shoulders, "it always made me feel safe."

"Odd since it can kill you."

"It's like you and your cigarettes, I know you use it to cope."

"As long as you don't go inhaling water, I don't care."

"Right, cause that is the first thing that entered my mind is 'let me just snort a bunch of salt water'."

"Hey you never know, you agreed to marry me which I would say is pretty stupid of you."

I smack his chest as we start to wander down the sidewalk, "shut up shithead."

"Wow, okay."

I beam up at him as he gives me a playful glare.

"Do you want to grab some slices before we head back? We can eat them in front of everyone."

"Oh you're evil, let's do it!" I laugh as we enter a small pizzeria close to the pier.

The whole cab ride back I have to smack Erik's hand as he reaches for the pizza every few seconds.

His idea and he can't even have the control to follow through, pathetic.

"Oh thank god." Erik grabs the pizzas and dashes out of the cab leaving me to pay the cabbie.

"You are too cute." The cabbie says as he hands me my change back.

"Thanks." I laugh before chasing after Erik.

He's gonna end up eating my slices.

Stupid fat ass.

"Thank god you two finally showed up, we can leave now." Devon complains as I climb the steps up into the bus, "we were just about to call you guys."

"Sorry, we were kinda busy," Erik says with a mouth full of pizza.

"That better not be my slice." I eye him as I move towards the second paper bag and see mine still intact, "you're a lucky man Hawthorne."

Erik just rolls his eyes at me before devouring his slice.

"What is on your finger?" Isla asks as she looks up from her computer.

She moves towards me and takes my hand to inspect it, "oh my god! When? You're engaged?"

"He did at the pier today."

"Just like your first date, that is so cute. So when is the wedding?" Isla continues to stare at my hand with a hint of envy.

"We haven't decided yet. We literally just got engaged less than three hours ago."

"So?"

I roll my eyes at her as I move to sit down on the couch beside Lucas.

"Congrats."

"Thanks, buddy." I smile at Lucas as I rest against him and eat my pizza.

I feel him lean towards me and whisper into my ear, "I think I'm ready."

Edited by GirlReader133