LIII

And now I tell you openly
You have my heart so don't hurt me
You're what I couldn't find
~ The Cranberries, Dreams

Dublin, home to rich history and thick accents and now my brother too.

As we drive through the city, Marcus makes sure to be the tour guide, pointing out different buildings, telling us about its history and what day we will be visiting it.

It is surreal to see him so relaxed and happy, something I haven't seen in a long time.

"Should we get a pint after you two are settled in?" Marcus questions from the front seat of the taxi, "there's a really good pub down the road from your hotel that serves the best fish and chips in Dublin."

I stare at my brother and how the country he's been living in for over two years now has changed him, no longer is he dressed in ripped jeans and sweatpants or even his beloved hoodies. Now donned in dress jeans, a black wool sweater, and a dark grey trench coat.

Never in my life did I think I would catch my brother with a scarf wrapped around his neck and matching gloves stuffed into the pockets of his coat.

His once long greasy hair has been trimmed and styled to look like a real European gentleman.

"He looks like something out of the Kingsman," Kai mumbles from beside me as we both stare at him.

Yes, we have talked to him, but that was always when he was in his dorm room, either before he was heading to bed or waking up.

Never have we seen him so put together.

"What happened to the hockey player brother, where's the flow?" Marcus turns in the seat to look at the two of us in the backseat.

"Left in that America."

"Please tell me you have still have the ear piercing?" Marcus turns his head so that the tiny studs catch the light, "oh thank god."

"Quit being so dramatic, nothing has changed." Both Kia and I look at each other before looking back at Marcus.

"You have a scarf on." I point out.

"And you don't rips in any of your clothes. I feel like I don't know you."

"Mason can never come here." Kai looks at us in horror, "I like his ripped jeans and hoodies."

The rest of the ride is spent listening to Kai pointing out everything has changed about Marcus but in a good way.

The kid has always had confidence, but now he seems to know how to command it. Even from the front seat, I can see his body posture has changed, he isn't as cocky as he was when he lived with mom and dad.

"I'll help with the bags." Marcus offers to take the two larger suitcases, leaving Kai and me with the things we took on the plane.

"I wonder who his current fling is," Kai whispers as we follow Marcus into the old hotel.

Since Marcus lives in the dorms we are unfortunately unable to stay with him, which could be a good and a bad thing.

Probably a good thing, I don't think I could handle staying in a dorm with a bunch of college kids, maybe four years ago but not now.

I hope I have matured past that stage.

I check in while Kai bombards Marcus with questions about Ireland, and being the history buff he is, he gives very detailed responses.

"How about we head up and change before going out to that bar you want to go to so badly?" I offer as I join them beside the rustic staircase.

"Sounds good with me, after you ladies." Kai takes the lead as we make the journey up the stairs and onto the third floor.