XXXIV

It messes with your sanity by twisting all your thoughts around.
They say it's blind they say it waits but every time it seals your fate.
And now it's got you by the balls it won't let go until you fall.
I was down and out, got up I said "Hey love I've had enough!"
~ Halestorm, Love Bites (So Do I)

The sound of my heels bounces off the walls of the cement hallway I'm walking down.

I can hear voices in the distance as my feet carry me towards them.

I take a calm, settling breath before I step onto the set of the music video for the song that I wrote and Scar will be performing, or so I thought, but instead, here I am dressed for the video.

"Damn girl, you're looking good." My eyes shift to one of the ladies perched on some boxes, dressed in black lingerie with fishnets and killer looking heels. She looks like she could be a dancer in some of the clubs downtown.

I offer her a timid smile and keep walking, looking for Scar.

So many women are here, even the crew is female, something I've hardly seen since I started my work with the band.

Most of the time Scar and I are surrounded by men. Maybe Scar wanted to change that, wanted a fresh breath of air.

If that is the case I hella respect her.

"You made it!" Scar yells where she stands surrounded by three other ladies, all looking at a tablet in one lady's hand.

"Of course I did, I wasn't going to bail on you." Even though I really thought about doing so, but she doesn't need to know that.

"I'm loving what wardrobe did, where's Courtney?" Scar turns her attention to an Asian woman beside her with the nicest skin and the biggest brown eyes.

"I think she's getting Adam ready, that, or she's out for a smoke break." The woman shrugs her shoulders and puts the tablet in her Gucci purse. "I'm Melody, Scarlett and I went to college together, but back then we didn't call her Scarlett."

I raise an eyebrow at Scarlett, asking is this true?

"You thought my real name was Scarlett? My mother would never have named me that, she hated when I started going by it." Scar laughs, causing Melody to roll her eyes at Scar.

"Her real name is Samantha." I give Melody a tight lipped smile.

I feel so dumb right now.

Can I crawl into a ball and die out of embarrassment?

I lived with Scarlett for the last few months together on a bus and I know nothing about her.

The same applies to the rest of them, even Erik. I don't know why he can't sleep at night or he gets sudden mood changes.

I know nothing about these people, but I climbed aboard a bus in Boston and trusted them.

Holy shit.

"Are you okay? You look like you are freaking out." I'm snapped from my thoughts by Scar's voice and the concerned look on her face.

"I'm good, let's get started." I try to pull the black bra down more but that only causes my breasts to pop out more.

I'm going to have a nipple slip on camera.

"Scar, why am I wearing this?" I question as I look down at my body.

A black lace push-up bra with straps that wrapped around my waist.

A matching black thong to go with the bra and fishnets because I guess why not.

Not to mention the boots that go past my knees and have a fucking scary heel to them.

"I think we look hot and we are taking back lingerie, no longer worn for men, but for ourselves."

"We look like we should be in Motionless In White's Necessary Evil video or maybe Fifty Shades of Grey, I'm not sure yet."

"Wait till you see the set." Scar giggles at me before taking my hand and leading me in the direction of lights and tons of women dressed like us.

Scarlett has an outfit with so many straps I don't know where it starts and where it ends.

The top has a choker that attaches to the corset and then has separate straps that go around her waist all the way to her hips.

Her bottoms are similar to mine, even her boots are the same, except for the front of them are laced up, with skin exposed in between the laces.

Overall, whoever this Courtney chick is, she did a pretty amazing job.

I brush the straight, raven coloured wig over my shoulder as I see the scene I will be in.

A throne, much like the one in Game of Thrones, sits in the middle with a dark and gloomy background.

"What are we doing exactly?" I question Scarlett as we stop by one of the cameras.

Scarlett walks me through what was decided for the video along with what they have already shot.

"Sounds good?" I nod my head yes at her and take a deep breath, trying to settle my nerves.

A man in black leather pants and a six pack gleaming with oil approaches us, "hey, I'm Adam. I figured I should introduce myself before I have you lovely ladies crawling over me."

"Scarlett, what the fuck are you doing? That guy looks like Kyle, not to mention I'm pretty sure that's Kyle's friend from Broken Crowns." Broken Crowns is another rock band from Chicago, they've been around a bit longer than Fallen Angels have been, but haven't had the same success with their lead singer going to prison in 2014 for DUI.

"It is." Scarlett shrugs her shoulders and runs after Adam.

A sinking feeling forms in my stomach and I have an overwhelming feeling to call Erik and tell him what is going on. So many scenarios are running through my mind right now and the biggest one is of the band splitting.

I need to get Erik, he'll know what to do even if he gets pissed with me.

"Avril, let's go!" Scarlett yells at me.

Maybe this won't be an absolute shit show.

Maybe this will work out and everything will be fine.

Oh, who the fuck am I kidding, this will be an absolute shit show no doubt.

And I'll be in the middle.

Edited by GirlReader133